2002 Trans-Am

Hey everyone!

I have a 2002 Trans Am
LS1 - Air Lid, headers, tune.
210,000km (130,000mi)

Currently running Castrol Edge FTT 10w30

Cars used April to oct in Canada so warmer weather the old colder morning start in spring and fall as a nice weather toy not daily use.

Would anyone suggest any different grade or oil type,

I always use a AC Delco OEM filter.

Motor is currently quite clean inside
[Linked Image]

Very nice car! I had a 98 Firebird Formula that I factory ordered new, it was a great car (ran a best quarter mile of 12.68 at 110 with just a few simple mods) I wish I had kept that car longer, it was one of my favorites.

That isGood looking machine. It is a Blackbird !

I don't like this year Camaro for the ride and drive - but I never drove a Poncho. So I might me missing something.

Plus I'm old and stuck in the early 60's stuff
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blackbirdws611
Thanks all!

Fixing an oil leak from the valley cover gasket.

[Linked Image]

Beautiful car! It's a shame they stopped making them.

I was debating on changing to WIX / Napa Gold and likely will.

Last question,

I change the oil in sept/oct before I Park her in my garage for the winter so it's fresh to sit then good for the next year. Maybe gets 5-6000 KM of driving in the season and techancially a year of being in the motor (only half being driven)

Any suggestions here?

Originally Posted by blackbirdws611
I was debating on changing to WIX / Napa Gold and likely will.

Last question,

I change the oil in sept/oct before I Park her in my garage for the winter so it's fresh to sit then good for the next year. Maybe gets 5-6000 KM of driving in the season and techancially a year of being in the motor (only half being driven)

Any suggestions here?

The general rule for a long time has been to change the oil before storage, that way any acids/moisture are removed prior to storage. I would not change anything that you are doing.

Beautiful car. Fond memories of my 2000 Trans Am. My first ever brand new car. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Thanks guys. I've owned 7 Fbodys but this is a keeper. Last year, black on black and a 6 speed car.

Spent 17 hours on paint correction and ceramic coating

Car is 10/10 and runs like new.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Back