2020 330i xDrive Loaner

I took the M235i in for an oil change(the key read showed it also needed plugs and an interior microfilter, and my SA said that he would make sure that the car was thoroughly inspected since the CPO warranty runs out in four days).
As a result I currently have a 330i xDrive M Sport as a loaner. It's a very nice car. If it was RWD and had H-K, Park Distance Control, and the Track Handling Package. it would be a great commuter car. It averaged over 40 mpg at 80 mph, which at least partially compensates for the middling 5.1 second 0-60 time- although I'll admit it feels faster than it is. The M Sport suspension is reminiscent of the suspension tuning of the Club Sport- very capable without being harsh. The sport seats are as always very comfortable and supportive. If anything it reminds me of my beloved E28 535is. Still, I wouldn't trade the 2er for one. Now, the M340i? That's a different story altogether...

Originally Posted by MCompact
. it would be a great commuter car. It averaged over 40 mpg at 80 mph, which at least partially compensates for the middling 5.1 second 0-60 time- although I'll admit it feels faster than it is...

Doubtful you can actually feel a practical difference between your car's 4.5s and this car's 5.1s 0-60. And the 40MPG will serve the user much more than the 0-60 time.

How far did you drive to return that average as a statistically significant value?

I am often impressed at the cruising MPGs of my 135icM, fwiw.

I reset the trip computer right before a 15 mile interstate run with the cruise control set at 80. The B46 is okay, but I prefer the N55 or B58 sixes. If I flip the 2er it will almost certainly be for an M2. The bigger BMWs don't interest me as much- although I did have an M340i loaner that would have been really fun had it been RWD.

I have a friend who works at a BMW dealer, and she is trying to talk me into one.

Test drove one- I really like the handling of it....

Anytime I drive that new stuff I want to buy it. I kind of like trying to stay away from the temptation. That sounds like an awesome fairly powerful car that gets great mileage.

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Anytime I drive that new stuff I want to buy it. I kind of like trying to stay away from the temptation. That sounds like an awesome fairly powerful car that gets great mileage.

Our service advisor at the dealer is excellent and never pushes unnecessary work- but he does give us very nice loaners. My wife always jokes and tells him to stop doing that because it's too big of a temptation for us.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
M340 is kinda cool, but I cant get over the fake kidney grill.

I thought it was kind of unattractive, but it's faux?!?

Originally Posted by JHZR2

It's not fake; it just has shutters that open or close depending on the cooling needs of the engine.

Originally Posted by JHZR2

It's not fake; it just has shutters that open or close depending on the cooling needs of the engine.

Ya. I wonder if when the shutters fail do they fail open?

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Impressive performance and economy. Too bad it's not available with a manual.

I know. A 330i M Sport with a six speed manual would be just about perfect for my needs.

Yesterday I drove it to work; the commute is twelve miles of rural two lane roads and eight traffic lights. I averaged 45.2 mpg.

I know. A 330i M Sport with a six speed manual would be just about perfect for my needs.

So, the "M" cars are still available with manuals?

So, the "M" cars are still available with manuals?

M 2,3,4 only. However time is not on their side. The take rate just keeps dropping and dropping.

Yesterday I drove it to work; the commute is twelve miles of rural two lane roads and eight traffic lights. I averaged 45.2 mpg.

That's impressive. Our BMW motorcycles don't even get that. Our four-wheeled variants might get half that MPG.

Back