HM oils vs HM oils

Which of these high mileage oils would be the pick of the litter,and why? Just curious about these midrange oils I guess, and I don't hear a whole lot about them like the current trendier hm oils. Friend of mine has an 02 Odyssey with almost 300,000 miles on it and she's always used GTX high mileage oil in it. Engine is so smooth and quite that you honestly can't tell it's running.

Quaker State High Mileage Synthetic Blend
Castrol GTX High Mileage Synthetic Blend
Pennzoil High Mileage conventional

Used the one which is cheapest or find sale or clearance .or try all see which one make you car smooth and less noisy

Not familiar with HM oils, but I did read somewhere that the principal difference was seal swell additive. If that is correct, then HM is just a plug for leaks.

I agree with others. Sounds like they already have a proven comb that works, why change now? Is there really much of a price difference?

Originally Posted by LubricatusObsess
Not familiar with HM oils, but I did read somewhere that the principal difference was seal swell additive. If that is correct, then HM is just a plug for leaks.

No true I use HM oil every now and then especially when I can get it like the current oil I'm running this OCI for $4 a Jug.

I personally like the Quaker State High Mileage Syn blend for its price point and nice shot of Moly. If I was to pick out of the 3 HM oils you posted.

Use the GTX. If something goes wrong during this OCI it WONT be because you used a different oil.
smile.gif

You know what they say about no good deed?

Back