2015 RAM EcoDiesel 3.0L, 5,354mi, M1 TDT 5w40

I recently had my EGR cooler replaced under warranty due to it leaking internally. There's actually a recall for this part now. Now that it's been replaced and the oil has been changed do I have anything to worry about?

Refilled with Valvoline Heavy Duty Maxlife 15w40 Synblend and will post that sometime after this summer. Gonna be pulling the travel trailer 12hrs down hwy 95 in Nevada to the Grand Canyon next week. I'm still impressed with the Mystic JT-8 15w40 Synblend results so I figured this would be the next best thing.

20200605_131147.jpg

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Whats up with all the iron?? thats not a good trend, seems likes its steadily going up even with your short OCI's...

I assumed it was from the coolant leak. Thinning the oil out and possibly other negative affects on the oil. But I don't know for sure. What are the bearings made of? 🤔

IMO this engine needs a THICK oil.

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Whats up with all the iron?? thats not a good trend, seems likes its steadily going up even with your short OCI's...

I assumed it was from the coolant leak. Thinning the oil out and possibly other negative affects on the oil. But I don't know for sure. What are the bearings made of? 🤔

IMO this engine needs a THICK oil.

The bearings aren't iron and thick oil protects better,,, high heat high loads.

Back