2014 5.7 Charger UOA

I just received a Wix UOA report for the sample I took from my 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit 5.7 with 116K miles on it. I bought it from NCSHP with 102K miles, and put the oil sampled in it at 105.7. I used Redline 5W20 and changed it at 115.7 and sampled. This is my first experience with sampling oil, so just thought I would post to see if I should be concerned. No "hemi tick" or any problems at all, just wanted to know if it is doing OK.

I don't know what I am doing with computers, so not sure about entering the report in "code", but will be glad to do so if someone can explain, preferable via a message, so as not to clutter this post.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 84
It looks pretty good. Don't pay attention to the slightly higher than normal viscosity Red Line does this but you may want to do a few UOAs to establish a trend.

These engines eat lifters/cams. I would cut the interval down 2-3k and keep sending samples to try and stay ahead of the wear.

I think Red Line is a great high end choice. With Redline the detergency and dispersibility of the oil influences the results of the UOA. Additionally with Red Line you'll often see high Pb initially due to the oil reacting with the oxides on the surface. You need several oil changes with Red Line to really establish a trend.

Report looks good. You won't see a viscosity drop with Red Line. It will only go up over time.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
I would cut the interval down 2-3k

Originally Posted by 4WD
Run Redline 2k-3k ?

Cut his 10k interval by 2k-3k.

Back