$900 + a lot of shipping/fees electric car

I've been following this article for a while. Jason Torchinsky is a fantastic writer. He's paid about $2,000 for it All In. Keep in mind it had to have a plug and a alot of other things on top of the $900. His idea was that some golf carts are $10,000 can you do more with less. Many people in the SCCA paddocks have talked about restoring mini mokes and the like due to the prices of golf carts.

You see a lot of different vehicles when they don't have to be jack of all trade. IMO the economy of the American lifestyle outside of major cities leads to SUVs and the need in China leads to this kind of vehicles in their fleet. This is likely a good site vehicles for large company campus, school, municipal government, etc that they value parking and don't need something running non stop 247. We have these kind of vehicles in college campus in the US but they are usually pickup style golf cart.

20 mph.

All of a sudden, $2000 seems like a rip off compared to, say, a 'free, bring trailer' vehicle.

With the luxuries people think they “deserve”, and the fact that insurance by the vehicle, not the driver is a thing... I can’t see this being a win here. Not to mention the liabilities and costs of medical care. For use on a purpose built bike path in suburbia, to get kids and groceries? Sure.

Many self inflicted barriers to entry here.

Get the made here in a non-union shop by some good-willing environmentalists who are willing to earn $100k/yr or less at all corporate levels, self pay for healthcare and retirement, and not live in the lap of luxury, and you may have something. Unfortunately the hypocrisy of even the woke leftist crowd makes it impossible in the USA.

We love riding bikes to get groceries and other small items within say 4-5mi. But there is a practical limit in terms of what you can carry and when you can go. A little thing like this strikes me as better than a golf cart, but I’m not paying registration and insurance, and life into my own hands on the main roads with it.

Back