Mobil “full synthetic”

I snagged some of this oil for like cheaper than $17/5qt jug today. Not Dexos approved; nor do I care. Let's talk brass tacks, no b.s. is this a competitor to Mobil Super Syn or.....

Anyone know any specs on it or do a VOA? I may do a VOA since I have few kits left. Oh yeah, a google search is worthless BTW.

Thank You

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Does this replace Mobil Super Synthetic? It is one of the few oils that meets MS-6395 and if memory serves only Super Synthetic did in the Mobil line previously.

Originally Posted by pbm
My guess is that it is MSS packaged expressly for AZ....

That would be a negative. This was at a supply house/store and I saw it at Tractor Supply as well 🤔🤔

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Does this replace Mobil Super Synthetic? It is one of the few oils that meets MS-6395 and if memory serves only Super Synthetic did in the Mobil line previously.

Great question friend

Originally Posted by simple_gifts

a google search is worthless BTW.

You could always "Scan for more product information" Just sayin'
grin.gif

Good luck with that ...†...†

I'd say it's a direct replacement of Mobil Super synthetic wild man.

Also read on awhile back this oil will be getting Dexos approval before too long.

Hope you had a good day today. And not too hot for you.

Mobil Super relabeled. IIRC it is the only XOM product that technically "meets the MS6395 spec." Although I'm fairly certain the other M1 products easily exceed the spec. But if you like XOM, own a Chrysler and are concerned with the warranty, that's the product to use.

Never understood why Mobil Super met the spec, but Mobil 1 didn't.
21.gif

Originally Posted by dlundblad

21.gif

Politics and sour grapes because Pennzoil became Chrysler's FF some years back, so I've read.

The PDS that I looked up for this product stated that it did meet D1G2 specifications in the 0W-20 grade.

Think that's all it is - testosterone- have to prove a brand that was FF in the Viper and racing programs … being capable for mini van … But don't they have a long proof of performance test ?
Looking at the old GF-6 schedule, there was time for two years of taxi testing with a new formula.
(I'm guessing they will be back on soon at some point).

I read my owners manual on the 2020 Rubicon … Jeep does not seem as stringent as my GM manual … so some of my M1 stash will go in the 3.6L Pentastar.

Does "Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in the following application - Chrysler MS 6395" mean it actually has the Chrysler MS6395 approval? Or is it more like demarpaint says it just technically meets it. And if it just technically meets the spec and other Mobil products could/do technically meet the spec then why do not those other Mobil products make the same "recommended for use" statement?

I don't think it does … what was stated here way back was that Mobil did not do the proof of performance testing and the relationship was going down. Probably a whole new cast of characters on both sides now … I'll not be surprised if they do it on GF-6 along the way.

Originally Posted by doyall
Does "Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in the following application - Chrysler MS 6395" mean it actually has the Chrysler MS6395 approval? Or is it more like demarpaint says it just technically meets it. And if it just technically meets the spec and other Mobil products could/do technically meet the spec then why do not those other Mobil products make the same "recommended for use" statement?

"Recommended" does not sound as confident as "Meets or Exceeds"

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by dlundblad

21.gif

Politics and sour grapes because Pennzoil became Chrysler's FF some years back, so I've read.

To me, it still doesn't make sense. It's an XOM product with the Chrysler spec. I guess I don't get why they would've stopped at their M1 line.

It's like this: Chevy Tahoe comes with top tier Goodyear tires, but Cadillac made them mad so they have to go with BFG's. Chevy and Cadillac are under the same umbrella as is Mobil Super and M1.

Last edited:
Back