Scored some NOS old dogs

Just scored these 4 old dogs for $27 after tax/shipping in factory plastic on ebay
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting these are from 10+ years ago ?? With same XGXXX pt # but Only 10K OCI and 97% filtration VS current 20K mile and 99.9% filtration

No biggie gonna run these on my Silverado work truck and possible next Suburban "beater" work truck im eyeing on buying today
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

[Linked Image]

Fram has been using the XGxxxx designation since the Xtended Gaurd was introduced in 1999 or so, You can find ancient Fram X2 Xtended Gaurds in the can on eBay sometimes. The filters you have there would be from shortly before the Ultra rebrand since it advertises the new dual ply media. Can you still find brand new XG3675's anywhere, I couldn't find any major retailer that seems to carry them anymore, well Amazon does but they've also got ancient stock photos and they're like $12/pc makes me wonder if they're just depleting what inventory they have. The XG9837 is pretty much identical to the XG3675 though which everyone seems to carry, normally the 9837 wouldn't have an ADBV but the 3675 would but all Ultra filters have an ADBV so in this case the XG9837 can be used in place of the XG3675 whereas the PH9837 and TG9837 cannot be used in place of the PH3675 or TG3675.

Originally Posted by Lubener
Doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

For a high quality synthetic media silicone ADBV filter $6.75 each I feel it was ?? lol

or is $12.72 x 4 on amazon is better deal ??

Picking 2 to 3 GM full size trucks this month for personal/business reasons and i'm out of filters so this had to do for whats out there
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GMguy84

For a high quality synthetic media silicone ADBV filter $6.75 each I feel it was ?? lol

Yeah, 1/2 off retail is not a bad deal. Now not the $4/filter you can sometimes find on these, but not bad.

How long you plan on running them? That will really be the deal breaker on how good a value they are.

Originally Posted by Kira
Your name, GMguy84, is rather specific. Is it always a GM truck you pick? If so, why?

No GM vs other twucks war or thread highjack intended

For my needs both personal; and business wise + $$$ + quality, Personal Experience and reliability its GM
thumbsup2.gif

Ford has Excursion from that era also, But those are less reliable and drink more fuel than the GM trucks with the LSX engine

Dave

Same efficiency testing method like current versions written on boxes?Sometimes I wonder if they are just getting better at making the numbers come out better or there is really a difference in materials.

For a high quality synthetic media silicone ADBV filter $6.75 each I feel it was ?? lol or is $12.72 x 4 on amazon is better deal ??

It is not a deal when you can buy fairly current stock at 6 for $29.97 or $4.99 each:

https://ebay.us/DLuXuf

Picking 2 to 3 GM full size trucks this month for personal/business reasons and i'm out of filters so this had to do for whats out there
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

You see the word clearance and you come running like a hog heading towards the feed trough.
lol.gif

Last edited:

thumbsup2.gif

Dave

You see the word clearance and you come running like a hog heading towards the feed trough.
lol.gif

Whats your problem man ?? A hog ?? Again talking trash/trolling ??

Not my fault you have ZERO luck on scores and that have to put others down for it ??

Get a life

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
For a high quality synthetic media silicone ADBV filter $6.75 each I feel it was ?? lol or is $12.72 x 4 on amazon is better deal ??

It is not a deal when you can buy fairly current stock at 6 for $29.97 or $4.99 each:

https://ebay.us/DLuXuf

I bought from them a few times before and last few filters had dents, already open box, a few upside down ?? and one had surface rust on the metal cap end

NO THANKS
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

I bought from them a few times before and last few filters had dents, already open box, a few upside down ?? and one had surface rust on the metal cap end

Meh...that is the chance you take on eBay regardless of the seller or the item. I have had that happen from various vendors and they have always made it good.