Eezox vs Prolix?

I have a question for you. I have Eezox and like it. I use it.

Somehow, I found this product called "Prolix." I called the company and was told they were the original Eezox.
Is the bull manure? I talked with this guy for a long time and I actually believe him.

Am I full of bull manure for believing him?

Cant say but I have used Eezox and its as good as any and I have no preference.

But EZ is a petroleum product (ester and trich per the SDS) and this other stuff says biodegradable, green, citrus and all that.

Hard to see those two having a common origin but someone who is a chemical engineer or chemist really should address that comparison.

I don't use the new plant based CLP / gun oils anymore.Many get gummy, depending on where it's used - in what temperatures - where it's stored and for how long.

Do gun oil chemists and inventors move around from company to company - from recipe to recipe?...... yep, like fleas sometimes.

I don't have experience in this area. I have an assortment of "all" the gun cleaners. LOL.

You can't believe most of what the internet says, YouTube says, etc.

I just started getting into guns and I want to take care of them the best I can.
Choosing a gun "cleaner-protectant" is harder than choosing an oil for our cars.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Gebo
I don't have experience in this area. I have an assortment of "all" the gun cleaners. LOL.

I just started getting into guns and I want to take care of them the best I can.
Choosing a gun "cleaner-protectant" is harder than choosing an oil for our cars.
crazy2.gif

Here's some advice

Anything that cleans oil/grease ( basically carbon products) will clean a gun adequately( provided it doesn't react with a metal). I have used Dawn and purple stuff for degreasing prior to refinishing.

Mineral spirits, brake clean and 2 thousand others all work well on cleaning. Just a matter of how much you clean and want to spend.

Any oil will lubricate and protect adequately provided it doesn't emulsify with water easily or change with temperatures creating jamming up to and including 3 in 1or baby oil. I use straight 30.

Only surfaces that rub significantly might benefit with a grease over oil ( guns are textbook loose tolerance and boundary requirement)

Your "best" cleaner/protectant is to wipe down after handling and store in a low humidity area and do a functional clean after each use.

( guns don't really have to be fully cleaned after each use to function properly in most cases but that usage will blow or rub off the thin oil coat inviting corrosion)

Don't store where gravity may pull oil onto the furniture

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I don't use the new plant based CLP / gun oils anymore.Many get gummy, depending on where it's used - in what temperatures - where it's stored and for how long.

Do gun oil chemists and inventors move around from company to company - from recipe to recipe?...... yep, like fleas sometimes.

+1 ... Plant based CLP's are ok for cleaning but not for lube and long term storage ! I have some Ballastol I transfer to a small , clear spray bottle and after sitting for three months the liquid contained chunks ... I had to shake it up real good to get the chunks to turn back into a liquid again . No thanks as a lube - now the go to's are : Lucas Extreme Duty , Weapon Shield , Slick 2000 EW and FP10 for lube .

Syn atf or motor oil. Gear lube for the first few hundred rounds on the slides of higher end 1911s. Wipe out to clean the guns. Wipe out will remove some finishes on the furniture.

Originally Posted by Gebo

crazy2.gif

No it is not. Don't be led by marketing claims.

Back