"The Bright Knight"

Really? Can't say I agree. I thought they were lame when they showed them the first time during the 1960's. Now The Munster's ruled. Addams Family was ok. Lost in Space gave me the heebie jeebies whenever Dr. Smith took young Wil Robinson on a cave exploration, Star Trek, Outer Limits, Dragnet, Combat, Twilight Zone were good. Monkees, Get Smart, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes not so much. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Maverick really good. Here's Uncle Joe and he's moving kind of slow at the junction.......YRMV

The 1960's Batman TV show was over the top silliness. It wasn't the only over the top silly TV show in those days, lots of folks enjoyed them. But they were silly and appear even sillier to today's viewers.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
The 1960's Batman TV show was over the top silliness. It wasn't the only over the top silly TV show in those days, lots of folks enjoyed them. But they were silly and appear even sillier to today's viewers.

Some entertainment doesn't age well, but it was fun in the day. I like 80's movies but when I've tried to watch some of the shows... bit too much of a throwback I guess.

This Batman was on reruns on the 2 TV channels we got when I was a young kid in the early 80's. It wasn't my favorite at the time but not bad either, too much film speeding up for 8 year old me, I wanted to see the cars actually go fast... Star Trek left more of an impression as it was very serious!

Batman's success screwed up Lost in Space and The Man From UNCLE; CBS and NBC decided to make those shows silly and campy to compete.

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Originally Posted by IndyIan
Star Trek left more of an impression as it was very serious!
Including Spock's Brain and the hippies?

Well most of them
lol.gif

I can sit down and watch any pre-00s Star Trek fine. Newer stuff? Cant say I can.

Now Lost in Space? Nope. Its episode after episode of
"well maybe we should trust Dr Smith this time"
*Insert Dr Smith doing something evil to the Space Family Robinson*
"HOW COULD THAT MONSTER DO THAT!"

Well Will, hes only done bad stuff everytime youve trusted him prior to this point...

Adam Wests Batman is flawed, yes. But in this day and age comic book movies are all the same, people show up wanting seriousness, and show up thinking it was the greatest movie ever. I give it about 20 years before they start to think stuff like the Avengers is campy (note XMen 1 is now 20 years old. It was amazing at the time, it did not age well)

Sigh. I miss the days where a new Marvel or Star Wars or Fast and Furious movie isnt coming out every week or month.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Really? Can't say I agree. I thought they were lame when they showed them the first time during the 1960's. Now The Munster's ruled. Addams Family was ok. Lost in Space gave me the heebie jeebies whenever Dr. Smith took young Wil Robinson on a cave exploration, Star Trek, Outer Limits, Dragnet, Combat, Twilight Zone were good. Monkees, Get Smart, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes not so much. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Maverick really good. Here's Uncle Joe and he's moving kind of slow at the junction.......YRMV

I agree having grown up right during that period. Batman far too corny For me. Then there's lost in space. Eve to a 10 YO I never could see why Don didn't take Dr Smith to the wood shed a couple times or two and later at some convenient time leave him in a shallow grave someplace. I did think Penny was a hotty 20 years before it was a recognized expression. Star Trek had the CHEEZIEST sets on or off earth..............

Back