Shuffle Dancing

Has anyone here heard of, or can, shuffle dance? I just found out this morning that one of my female cousins is a professional shuffle dancer. I mean, I knew she was a dancer, but didn't know she was a pro.
She has been dancing since she was 4 years old and is 31 years old now. I knew she studied many years of ballet, but I thought that was it. Right now, her and 9 other dancers in her class, are in Sydney, Australia competing against 21 other dance classes from all over the world in a shuffle dance contest. I hope when she comes back to da bayous of La. she can teach me some steps. I used to be a very good dancer back in the 80's. Members Only jackets, parachute pants, Stacey Adams shoes, etc.......
cool.gif

Originally Posted by wkcars
Yes they are a few decades behind MJ

I used to hang out at this one dance club in Baton Rouge called LIQUID BLUE. And, danced to all of MJ's music. The female to male ratio there was about 3 to 1. Man, those were the days!
Here's a pic of me at 18 years old, getting in a few reps before going out dancing that night. Six months later I was at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO. BEING ALL i CAN BE!

received_1070169069674920.jpeg

Going for the Magnum P.I. look huh
lol.gif

Oh and if you like shuffling there's tektonic, jumpstyle, etc , I have cousins that are really into the edm and raves

Last edited:
lol.gif

Oh and if you like shuffling there's tektonic, jumpstyle, etc , I have cousins that are really into the edm and raves

I just like the music and watching them dance.
I have been going to physical therapy now 3 days a week. I'm almost able to walk with a cane now. By the time my cousin gets back to La. I should be able to walk with a cane and she can show me some dance moves.
smile.gif

Thanks BOF! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire video. The girl with the pigtails in the white hat dancing in the driveway is my winner, with the girl in the Dodgers hat dancing in the doorway a close second! The two girls in the room with the cinder block wall behind them were excellent as well, though all of them are very good! Oh, to be young and flexible again!
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304
Thanks BOF! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire video. The girl with the pigtails in the white hat dancing in the driveway is my winner, with the girl in the Dodgers hat dancing in the doorway a close second! The two girls in the room with the cinder block wall behind them were excellent as well, though all of them are very good! Oh, to be young and flexible again!
banana2.gif

I didn't see any driveway, doorway, cinder block wall that you mentioned.
lol.gif

gman2304 said:
banana2.gif

I didn't see any driveway, doorway, cinder block wall that you mentioned.
lol.gif
[/quote : Got it!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by gman2304
banana2.gif

There are 100's of shuffle dance videos on YT.
This dance craze stared in Melbourne, Australia.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I love to go dancing!! Girlfriend and I go Cumbia dancing all the time. It's a blast!!

When I was younger you couldn't keep me off of a dance floor! It's fun, and great exercise too.

lol.gif

Women really liked the Magnum P.I. look back in the 80's.

I am so jealous. My 65 yr old knees ache just watching. I would love to move the lower limbs like that these days.

Back