2017 Cadillac CTS 3.6 or Lexus GS350?

Originally Posted by Audioquest
How anyone could plunk down their hard-earned cash on a GM product boggles my mind. Toyota manufactures a superior product.

Well they don't make a better 1 Ton pickup, 4 door RWD V8 car or anything like the Trans Am. Plus I don't want a Toyota.

How anyone could plunk down their hard-earned cash on a GM product boggles my mind. Toyota manufactures a superior product.

How many million Toyota vehicles have been recalled? Everything from faulty labels to control arms and everything in between.

We seem to have an epidemic of boggled minds … a boggled mind is a terrible thing to waste …

Originally Posted by 4WD
We seem to have an epidemic of boggled minds … a boggled mind is a terrible thing to waste …

I have 2 brain cells left... And they argue!

my brother from another mother

Originally Posted by super20dan

my brother from another mother

There is a very valid question there are over a million active recalls for Toyotas presently and over the last 13 years year to year Toyota has led manufacturers in recalls the majority of the years. Ford may have the lead in total recall vehicles I haven't attempted to tally the number but you and your brother want to claim quality and reliability. Yet you conveniently sidestep the facts without explanation.

Toyota is the leader in keyless deaths and seven years behind other OEM in prevention of keyless deaths …
and without the lawsuits would they not be trying to address it in 2020 models ?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Toyota is the leader in keyless deaths and seven years behind other OEM in prevention of keyless deaths …
and without the lawsuits would they not be trying to address it in 2020 models ?

Yes, but this one is a brain defect and not a manufacturing defect.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tbm5690
Originally Posted by 4WD

Yes, but this one is a brain defect and not a manufacturing defect.

I guess they replaced all those gas pedals just for the heck of it.

Originally Posted by Trav
How many GM cars were not recalled until people started getting killed? Just one example.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...tion-switch-cases-120-million/777831001/

Just like Toyota waiting 9 years and at least 82 deaths later before issuing a recall. Then committing wire fraud in an attempt to cover it up. So Toyota cares and is high quality is not only very insincere it's not accurate.

Originally Posted by dave1251
How many GM cars were not recalled until people started getting killed? Just one example.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...tion-switch-cases-120-million/777831001/

Just like Toyota waiting 9 years and at least 82 deaths later before issuing a recall. Then committing wire fraud in an attempt to cover it up. So Toyota cares and is high quality is not only very insincere it's not accurate.

One was for a mechanical defect of a part the other for floor mats that could be tossed out by the owner, big difference I would say.
The Lexus is much higher quality overall although both belong in a senior citizen home parking lot.

It was way more involved than floor mats. The other recalls happened because the floor mats did not cause the uncontrollable acceleration. Don't sidestep the attempted cover up.

Consumer reports rates the 2017 GS350 as much better than average and the CTS as much worse than average in reliability. Owner satisfaction is average for the GS and much worse than average for the CTS.

Last edited:

The Lexus is much higher quality overall although both belong in a senior citizen home parking lot.

I resemble that remark...
But I love the GS; great car!

Originally Posted by 4WD

The way Toyota is trying to prevent that is mind boggling. Not to mention when one forgets to put transmission in P, then once it puts, it still beeps all over the place, then go back turn on ignition, turn it off etc.
They are overcompensating on dumbing down.

Back