Grub hub

Originally Posted by Chris142
We tried again. This time it worked although our food is already 10 min late.

Likely a driver shortage. I work for multiple delivery companies (but primarily GrubHub) for extra money and often when I am sent an order it is already late. Since the pandemic started, there have been multiple shifts open (sometimes a large number of shifts) that would have been filled previously. Combine that with more people ordering because restaurants aren't doing dine-in, and you get late orders.

The contract workers doing this gig are making even less than Uber or Lyft. The only reason they're doing it is because there's no Uber or Lyft business right now. They say Uber and Lyft people were making $200-$300 a day but the food delivery people were just making around $100. They basically don't get paid while they're waiting around for orders and you can only do so many orders before lunch time or dinner time is over.

Personally I find it's the opposite. Uber/Lyft pays pretty much entirely for miles driven, and it seems nobody tips. Food delivery (I only work during dinner time) pays better for far fewer miles as people actually tip for food. On top of that, my anti-social [censored] doesn't have to try to make conversation with your dinner while it's in the car.

Last edited:
Back