Worst relationship you've ever been in

My first real relationship was with a girl in HS. Met her in the 12th grade and she stalked me.
Silly me I thought it was cute, and played the "hard to get" type, flirting etc. with her and other females.

Fast forward to after HS finished, I came to realize her mother instructed I was not allowed to have any of my own friends.
All my spare time had to be spent with her daughter, and I couldn't do anything without the GF and her mother's approval
(cars, jobs, friends etc.). Came to realize they were "conditioning" me to be a slave to the daughter just like her dad's position.

Worst?
That one is easy. It was during 3 years of heavy drug use in early 80's as a drummer in heavy metal band in San Francisco Bay Area.
No need to go to details on this one
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Donald
It took me a long time to realize that my wife had borderline personality disorder. I was made to feel everything was my fault.

Sounds like a lot. How many did you marry/divorce?

Originally Posted by diyjake
Originally Posted by Donald
It took me a long time to realize that my wife had borderline personality disorder. I was made to feel everything was my fault.

Sounds like a lot. How many did you marry/divorce?

More than one. I will leave it at that.

But happily married today. Needed to find the right woman.

Well... I've really only had 2 real relationships, first one cheated on me, and I married the 2nd one after knocking her up while she was still in high school (like the last 4 weeks of her senior year)
whistle.gif

Very very happily married though. I'd do it all over again if I was forced too. Got 2 amazing boys now, and while I do work a lot (45-55 hours a week) it allows for her to stay at home and raise them and us to live comfortably.

My wife and I both had horrible first marriages. Second time was the charm for us.

'82 Monte Carlo Diesel. Left me stranded/needed towing 3 months into the relationship and every 18 months afterwards. We separated after only 65K miles.

Four years of marriage to first wife. Going on 47 years with second wife and it has been great. No regrets.

My wife's best friend. Not as raunchy as it sounds. We had a mutual break-up at her house. Five minutes later I met the one. We have been together for 26 years.

It has NOT been the easy. Certain family members fanned the flames of discontent and we both had our own issues that came from our upbringinings and our bad decisions.

Thanks to a healthy decline in sex drive and mutual expectations, everything is humming along.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Well... I've really only had 2 real relationships, first one cheated on me, and I married the 2nd one after knocking her up while she was still in high school (like the last 4 weeks of her senior year)
whistle.gif

Very very happily married though. I'd do it all over again if I was forced too. Got 2 amazing boys now, and while I do work a lot (45-55 hours a week) it allows for her to stay at home and raise them and us to live comfortably.

Sounds like her dad forced you say "I do" at the shotgun wedding. ...…
LOL. Just kidding.

Good that it worked out and you are happy.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by Skippy722
whistle.gif

Sounds like her dad forced you say "I do" at the shotgun wedding. ...…
LOL. Just kidding.

Good that it worked out and you are happy.

He did tell me that if I didn't care of her, he would "deal" with me and take care of her and the boys. Our marriage was 6 months after my oldest was born, we had already been looking for a house prior to her getting pregnant without her parents knowledge (they were divorced, mom was abusive) so it all just kind of fell into place.

Now he loves me
lol.gif

To stay out of these types of relationships just research the cluster B personality disorders and stay away for a more peaceful life.

Back