Wash and wax in one

I am sick of spending time waxing my car. A friend recommended a product that does it all in one step. Does it really work and who makes a good one? Thank you

Personal experience is that those wash and wax products are useless. Assuming that you don't want to bother with all the steps and just want to simply wash and wax, I would suggest using Klasse All-In-One. It is a cleaner wax that is basically a paint sealant, chemical paint cleaner, and non abrasive polish all in one, hence the name. It is a wipe on wipe off product so you don't have to wait for it to cure. Just wipe in on then wipe it off, I can do a whole SUV with it in about 20 minutes. Once your done you are good to go for around 3-4 months. It is a little bit pricey but even a 10oz bottle should last you years. Another really great easy to use wipe on wipe off product is Meguairs Ultimate Fast Finish, however this one works best of paint that has been washed and clayed.

Take a look at the Turtle Wax or Meguiars hybrid ceramic lines of products. Fast wash and dry products that leave a pretty nice finish. Check them out on youtube. They are also inexpensive.

Last edited:
Suggest you look into P&S Beadmaker. I use after every wash on our Van that sits out all the time. So easy to use, spray on - work in with Microfiber, then buff off. Some claim 2-3 months, but I always wash the van before those time frames and reapply so cannot confirm lonegevity. Southern California weather, so don't know about rain and snow. I purchase by the gallon. Maybe others have more experience with longevity, but it fits my at every wash solution.

Klasse is not easy to use for novices. Turtle Wax Ice Spray wax or Seal n Shine are both outstanding and stupid simple to use. Mothers California Gold wash is a great wash as your base.

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Klasse is not easy to use for novices. Turtle Wax Ice Spray wax or Seal n Shine are both outstanding and stupid simple to use. Mothers California Gold wash is a great wash as your base.

+1, a good spray wax and your done in 15 minutes.

Originally Posted by dwcopple

Yes it is, All-in-one is simple wipe on wipe off. Now Klasse Sealant Glaze is difficult for anybody, I think that is what you are thinking off.

Use a good spray wax like Griots for example and wax as you dry. Spray the wax onto the wet car a panel at a time, dry and buff.

I'll update later when I can add the name of the item.
It's a red bottle that is either a spray detailer or spray wax said to spray on the car still wet after wash / rinse and just microfiber dry. It works very well and since it's spray and wipe, no adding work or steps if your dry your car after washing anyways.
I do not believe it's the Black Magic spray wash but it looks quite similar to that red bottle.

Last edited:
Every wash and wax I've used seems to leave tons of streaks on my paint and glass. I just use a regular wash, spray wax when I feel like it, and try to keep a good real coat of wax on my cars twice a year.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I love the deep gloss of a fresh wax job but just don't have the time between work, the kids, etc. My solution was Meguiars D156 synthetic spray wax. Great gloss, great water beading, pretty good self-cleaning and lasts a long time for a simple spray wax. I use it like a wax-as-you-dry product. Its even more impressive if you are able to throw a true sealant on once every 6-12 months for a base coat.

This year I switched to a ceramic. Specifically, Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. Followed the recommended process including claybar and buffing in the first application. After this first application the gloss was good, water beading was ok. A few weeks later I applied a second coat using the spray on and rinse off technique before drying and the gloss really popped and water beading became great. As this is supposed to last many months I will probably use D156 as a topper still (due to costs) after routine washes. Not really 100% sure as its a new product that I've never used before.

So far, though, I am pretty pleased with the Meg's ceramic. Might try to get their liquid version and lay down a real base coat before winter later this year...

I used to have to get allergy shots and the male nurse that gave them had a very glossy older Honda Motorcycle. I asked him what he used to keep the paint so nice. He said Pledge furniture polish. Said it doesnt last real long but it is very easy and if you use it on fine finish furniture and it doesn't hurt that then why not use it on the bike. He even used it on the windshield since that made it clear again and it shed the water in the rain. Used it on mine without issues.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I use Eagle One Nanowax and Wash,and then Turtle Wax Wax and Dry.

That TW is amazing for a wax n dry for under $5/bottle

Originally Posted by vwmaniaman
I used to have to get allergy shots and the male nurse that gave them had a very glossy older Honda Motorcycle. I asked him what he used to keep the paint so nice. He said Pledge furniture polish. Said it doesnt last real long but it is very easy and if you use it on fine finish furniture and it doesn't hurt that then why not use it on the bike. He even used it on the windshield since that made it clear again and it shed the water in the rain. Used it on mine without issues.

It's chock full of silicone. Which is not good if you ever need a repaint.

Originally Posted by bachman
I'll update later when I can add the name of the item.
It's a red bottle that is either a spray detailer or spray wax said to spray on the car still wet after wash / rinse and just microfiber dry. It works very well and since it's spray and wipe, no adding work or steps if your dry your car after washing anyways.
I do not believe it's the Black Magic spray wash but it looks quite similar to that red bottle.

Okay, I'll quote myself and update.... This stuff IS Black Magic water-less car wash.
*I'd never consider using something as a spray on / wipe off if the car isn't freshly washed or 'clean' to some standard but this works great on the car still wet and leaves a nice shine. I have not tried it on the car dry to know if that is more prone to streaking but it buffs off so ice nice and easy, even if a second swipe or micro fiber is needed, it's a convenient and fast way to net the nice finish without lots of work.

waterless wash and detailer

I agree with the common consensus here, a good spray wax/sealant works well and doesn't take much time. If you paint is in good condition and doesn't need any corrections, spray wax/sealant, and use it as a drying aid after the wash... Your car will look amazing always.

Back