BT Oil

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Googling around this morning with variety of different search keywords and this came up.
Never heard of this oil before. Is anyone familiar with it or used it before?
Any experts on here have opinion or verdict about it?
[Linked Image]

https://www.biosynthetic.com/applications/passenger-car-motor-oil/

Bio4.jpg

Probably a good oil, it's certified. Comes down to price versus test results I suppose. Maybe if you have a greener bent on these type of products. LubeGard is a plant based ester product that has stood the test of time.

Originally Posted by Barkleymut
Is that picture supposed to be a piston? The one on the left looks terrible! I better get some biosyn quick :p

It's the inside of an oil pan.

Is that picture supposed to be a piston? The one on the left looks terrible! I better get some biosyn quick :p

Originally Posted by PimTac
It quacks like a duck.

Replies likes this don't give any substance to question asked or discussion at hand and should be abstain from.

BITOG should not be another social media platform where any nonsense goes and strives.

Originally Posted by js1956

It quacks like a duck.

Replies likes this don't give any substance to question asked or discussion at hand and should be abstain from.

BITOG should not be another social media platform where any nonsense goes and strives.

C'mon guys...even oil nerds need a sense of humor!

It appears on the API EOLCS, so in accordance with the labeling on the container it is API SN licensed. That is all you can tell for sure, anything else is speculation.

And the only thing that is nonsense here is that picture of the two oil pans. I would avoid the product based on that unsubstantiated and goofy marketing.

Low NOACK, SN-RC licensed, there is nothing wrong with it
smile.gif

It isn't d1g2, so it's not good for turbo DI, so if you have TGDI don't use it. Otherwise, it's fine

It quacks like a duck.

You asked for opinions and you are getting them. Do you work for this company?

It quacks like a duck.

You asked for opinions and you are getting them. Do you work for this company?

No, I don't and never did have anything to do work wise with oil . I am retired QA, Programmer, Web and DB developer since 2015.

Originally Posted by sloinker
Probably a good oil, it's certified. Comes down to price versus test results I suppose. Maybe if you have a greener bent on these type of products. LubeGard is a plant based ester product that has stood the test of time.

I do use LubeGard 1 Cup per every oil change (5.8 QT) since I bought my Golf based on good reviews and testimonials.
Does it make any huge difference? Well, I am getting great Aver. MPG between 47 and 49 according to my Google sheets where I keep gas fill records.
Is it due to LubeGard? I have no idea. It's mostly feel good thing I guess.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Low NOACK, SN-RC licensed, there is nothing wrong with it
smile.gif

It isn't d1g2, so it's not good for turbo DI, so if you have TGDI don't use it. Otherwise, it's fine

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah my Golf is turbo GDI and widely known for excessive IVD.
Seen Humble Mechanic video when he checked IV on his new Golf R after 10,000 miles since he bought it and it didn't look good.
Even he was surprised.

Originally Posted by kschachn
It appears on the API EOLCS, so in accordance with the labeling on the container it is API SN licensed. That is all you can tell for sure, anything else is speculation.

And the only thing that is nonsense here is that picture of the two oil pans. I would avoid the product based on that unsubstantiated and goofy marketing.

Hold on a minute ..

Seriously.... Havoline did a video tear down of two motors... Their Havoline Pro DS vs another oil.

And the Havoline Pro DS oil pan looked like the one that has used this BT 5w30 oil.

Nothing wrong with pictures like that in my opinion.

Last edited:
One would be an idiot using this oil where a VW approval is required.

True ^^^^^^

I agree with you on that.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Hold on a minute ..

Seriously.... Havoline did a video tear down of two motors... Their Havoline Pro DS vs another oil.

And the Havoline Pro DS oil pan looked like the one that has used this BT 5w30 oil.

No but I would trust Chevron a lot more than I would a company I had never heard of.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Hold on a minute ..

The problem is that like a lot of such advertisements no parameters are given. The "bad" one on the left could be from a 25 year-old vehicle (like mine) that had the oil changed once every two years, whereas the nice sparkly one on the right may be new and has only one OCI. Or it may be a new one with some of the advertised oil just smeared around on the metal since it doesn't actually claim the oil was run in the engine.

No one knows anything about those pictures and how they were obtained.

Well of course your 25 year old oil pan is seriously jacked up
lol.gif

Seriously... Though I agree that there's no way to know what was really performed or not. .

And the same could be true for the Havoline Pro DS video... .

I do trust Chevron Havoline.

Back