2010 Corolla What oil ??

Have a good friend who is donating a 2010 Corolla to a homeless guy and he's me asking for oil

Out of my stash. Would Valvoline conventional NWB 5W20 be okay ??

[Linked Image]

Dave

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Look on the oil cap. Could be 5w20.

Hes out of town to check and car is 25 miles away so I have no clue ?? Rock auto says either 0W/5W20 or even 5W30 !!!

Dave

Valvoline Australia say for any 2010 Corolla you can use: 0W20, 5W30 and 10W30

So your 5W20 should be fine. And good on you for helping out a homeless guy.

Originally Posted by SR5
Valvoline Australia say for any 2010 Corolla you can use: 0W20, 5W30 and 10W30

So your 5W20 should be fine. And good on you for helping out a homeless guy.

Thanks, But It's my buddy who's donating the car. I'm just giving him some of my clearance oil from my stash lol

Dave

Originally Posted by GMguy84
Have a good friend who is donating a 2010 Corolla to a homeless guy and he's me asking for oil

[Linked Image]

Dave

Dave "oil king".

Used many gallons of 5w30 synblend in 09-10 Corolla at my work without a Issue. 5w20 or 5w30
10.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

[Linked Image]

Dave

Dave "oil king".

Used many gallons of 5w30 synblend in 09-10 Corolla at my work without a Issue. 5w20 or 5w30
10.gif

LOL thanks Adam. I have given away/sold half my stash to make room for business inventory of mine so my "Oil stash Crown" might be going away soon
frown.gif
. BUT i have good stock of oil in my Oklahoma storage lol. LOTS of Mobil Super High Mileage from last AAP clearance
wink.gif

On the "Toyoda" oil, I just talked with my buddy with and the 5W20 will do fine he says
thumbsup2.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Your good friend has a helping heart. It's nice to read of generosity and sacrifice these days. That's a good oil you are providing the homeless guy with.
Kudos to both of you.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
How can a homeless guy afford to own a car?

None of my business, My buddy asked for some oil and he's gonna get that oil. And he might need a safe place to sleep in or something reliable to look for a job ??

Dave

None of my business, My buddy asked for some oil and he's gonna get that oil. And he might need a safe place to sleep in or something reliable to look for a job ??

Dave

Well said. And well done.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Your good friend has a helping heart. It's nice to read of generosity and sacrifice these days. That's a good oil you are providing the homeless guy with.
Kudos to both of you.

Ya known him now for 15 years and i'm NOT surprised he's donating the car his grandparents gave it to him and he said he had no use for it. He's a good guy all around. He's ex-military special forces and part of my old racing circle from Oklahoma who now lives 25 minutes from me in Dallas
thumbsup2.gif

He's One of the VERY few LEGIT people that I met during my time in CRAPahoma lol
01.gif

Dave

Last edited:

Dave

I get it...

I do wonder if this will be yet another uninsured driver on Texas roads. Not knocking the kind gestures from you or your friend.
Yes, the 5W20 will be just fine.

Last edited:
Back