New junk tool

I'm betting there is 1 for sure possibly 3 that know what this component part is.
CLine... Trav...??????
I'm getting towards the end of a 2 month $1700- $2000
Tool build project and thought we would share the build here because I know for sure there are some handy fabricators in here that may have wanted one.
Take your guess and more pics to come as I get to the final pics.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lol it's the turn table friction drive motor for a home made jet spray parts washer.
Corn and callus remover....... good one!

sweet - cabinet blaster.

Makes old junk look like new junk.

UD

Originally Posted by P10crew
Lol it's the turn table friction drive motor for a home made jet spray parts washer.

Just curious, what made you pick a friction drive?

I either do a bevel gear ( for direct drive units) on the bottom or a posi drive belt.

Like that skimmer set up

you gonna put a water heater on it?

I didn't think I would have this much 10 GA sheet into it but up to this point I have (1) 5x10 and (1) 4x8. With quite a bit of rem's left. Anxious to see it work.
(2) 4500 watt titanium heating elements.
1.5 hp high head USA Gorman- Rupp stainless pump.
(24) # 30 Suttner hardened stainless vjet nozzles.
200 in. lb 6 rpm Dayton turn table drive motor (corn remover)
150 in. lb 6 rpm Dayton oil skimmer drive motor.
I haven't punched any holes in the JIC box yet because I'm thinking seriously about using an ink bird PID temperature controller and an Ink bird timer control vs the old mechanical controls.

ABN the reason I used friction drive is it's a good way to protect the drive motor in case of a part jamming and stalling the table. Bevel gear or cog belt are common too.
Edit: my old hotsy had a giant corn planter chain drive.

Last edited:
Spaz... the friction drive on these has been around for awhile. Not sure when they started that.
Kira it's a parts washer . You can get a better idea of what they do and how they work if you look up bend pak RS 750D they have some video's too.
When you're moving 70 gpm of 180 degree detergent over a part grime and oil don't stand a chance.

No, no, no. It's obviously a case preparation center. You reload your own artillery shells, right?

You know, you get the win for neatest tools, right?

Last edited:
ABN the reason I used friction drive is it's a good way to protect the drive motor in case of a part jamming and stalling the table. Bevel gear or cog belt are common too.
Edit: my old hotsy had a giant corn planter chain drive.

Cool, we use air clutch or torque setting in the drive- very ingenious

If you ever want to do industrial work, let me know

Very, Very NICE. Stainless nozzles are a good idea.....Mine has Brass nozzles & they do wear out after awhile. The only problem I see is the possibility of them seizing in the spray bars.

Back