New Prestone Products

They're marked new on the jug and are certainly new in my area. I'm not taking any position. Enjoy.

E9C17633-48A9-40BF-8C66-88970D47C355.jpeg

8035FE55-FFB8-4E33-ABDA-865543838BD7.jpeg

0BBF02B8-0E61-4F5A-AFD7-B2DE4AD0E379.jpeg

Last edited:
Not Dexcool " approved " ?

I do not purchase pre-mix ( unless I mess up and grab a jug by mistake ) .

Pretty sure Prestone gets a waiver in the US of A on mandate to display skull and cross bones prominently on the front of their product.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Pretty sure Prestone gets a waiver in the US of A on mandate to display skull and cross bones prominently on the front of their product.
confused2.gif

That is correct...no protections or warnings here!
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
I believe regular prestone is now HOAT. So the difference between it and the specific ones is the color.

There's nothing really confusing about it, Prestone added phosphate to their OAT formula with the their latest Cor-guard additive package so now instead of having a straight OAT (like Chrysler and GM use) they have a P-OAT just like all the asian car companies use. Just add blue dye and you have a Honda Type 2 like coolant, add pink dye and you get something like Toyota's SLLC, add a dark green and you get a Mazda FL22 like coolant, etc, etc. There's nothing wrong with 2-EHA, it's used by Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Mini, Jaguar, etc without any issues.

Originally Posted by RyanY
Originally Posted by Egg_Head
confused2.gif

That is correct...no protections or warnings here!
[Linked Image]

Warnings are on the back... I would think...

Tide pods needed frontal warnings too right ??

And what age would children truly understand a poison symbol of head and cross bones ?? And a responsible parent needs to teach what that symbol means.

I was 4 years or maybe 5 years old when I was taught what that meant... First thing I remember with that symbol was a acid container.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Warnings are on the back... I would think...

Tide pods needed frontal warnings too right ??

And what age would children truly understand a poison symbol of head and cross bones ?? And a responsible parent needs to teach what that symbol means.

I was 4 years or maybe 5 years old when I was taught what that meant... First thing I remember with that symbol was a acid container.

It has a warning of reproductive harm and tells the user not to drink it, but I think the skull and cross bones is better in the front/center...really emphasizes that this stuff is deadly!

Last edited:
True...

But it's only as good and effective as a responsible parent teaching a young child what that means....

And again there are warnings on the back.

And how many dumb full grown adults died from Tide pods ???

Even water.... Can be fatal.... By drinking a whole, whole lot of it at one time.

A radiol show did a contest of having people drink a extremely high amount of water and having them hold their need to go to the bathroom. . Of course one if the contestants died from that.

Last edited:
Rodney Dangerfield: I went to the auto parts store to buy some Prestone coolant. The girl asked me if I'd like a slurpy cup with that or was I going to drink it from the bottle. No respect.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bbhero
True...

But it's only as good and effective as a responsible parent teaching a young child what that means....

And again there are warnings on the back.

And how many dumb full grown adults died from Tide pods ???

Touche. I'm not sure what is the appropriate amount of warnings. Even the best designed labeling system cannot fix stupidity!

What I find more controversial is that they're now advertising it to last 10 years or 300,000 miles right on the label.

What I find more controversial is that they're now advertising it to last 10 years or 300,000 miles right on the label.
I think a properly formulated long-life coolant can have a long service life, provided no cooling system repairs are needed. Toyota and Honda say the first coolant change can be done at 10/100, Mercedes doesn’t seem to specify a set interval for coolant changes.

someone here who maintains a fleet of vans says they never change the factory fill, only if a water pump or radiator fails.

I think a properly formulated long-life coolant can have a long service life, provided no cooling system repairs are needed. Toyota and Honda say the first coolant change can be done at 10/100, Mercedes doesn’t seem to specify a set interval for coolant changes.

someone here who maintains a fleet of vans says they never change the factory fill, only if a water pump or radiator fails.
Mercedes specifies coolant replacement at 15 years/ 150,000 mile intervals.

Back