Any issues using Rotella 0W20 Gas/Truck in Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo?

Was needing to do a change and found Rotella Gas/Truck at Advance Auto for 4.50 a quart after my military discount. Picked up 4 quarts and a Fram 7317 Ulta filter. Last fill was Castrol 0W20 which I ran til the MM binged yesterday. 9300 miles maybe?

In any event, how does this compare with QS and PP? SN Plus and Dexos2 rated so should be fine?

Last edited:
Never mind- I just saw the sticky- That's what I get for being away for almost a year
blush.gif

Welcome back!
Your question has gotten me to re-read the Q&A section of this oil for myself again...Thanks.
smile.gif

I am sure that you got your answer however, I would say that if you're going to drive your Civic Turbo hard(er), then this Rotella 0W20 could be a good choice. If not then, use anything else. I mean, why spend $40 when you only need to spend $20-$25?...or better yet, $15.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Welcome back!
Your question has gotten me to re-read the Q&A section of this oil for myself again...Thanks.
smile.gif

I am sure that you got your answer however, I would say that if you're going to drive your Civic Turbo hard(er), then this Rotella 0W20 could be a good choice. If not then, use anything else. I mean, why spend $40 when you only need to spend $20-$25?...or better yet, $15.
laugh.gif

He spent $18, without tax and filter. Doesn't mean he'll lay down $40 if it's not on sale.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome back guys! Yes, I was going to buy PP but saw this for 4.50 a quart and figured why not give it a try. 9 bucks at Wally for the filter and zero tax in the Live Free or Die state
banana2.gif

Back