The ole’ robin egg passed

The ole' Camry passed PA inspection and emissions today. I hate stupid and incompetent body shops. One brake bulb and another were out of their sockets. Monro brake and muffler spotted it. Thanks to the bimbo that rear ended me; I need a alignment. Good thing is HER insurance is paying me what I PAID out of pocket and for the issues my car has. Her insurance guy was not happy with her to say least.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by eljefino
If you could have waited two more days you'd have gotten another month!

Umm, what? My inspection is up in May, not June. Don't know how Maine is; but they crack down on expired inspections in PA.

Oh well, it's legal so ðŸŽðŸ¤ŸðŸ»ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸ»

Luckily no inspections or emissions testing, no front license plates either in Florida.

Good to see your paid off , older well taken cared for vehicle pass.

I'm surprised the insurance company just didn't total the car, give you $500 and tell you to pound sand.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Luckily no inspections or emissions testing, no front license plates either in Florida.

Good to see your paid off , older well taken cared for vehicle pass.

Yeah, tire shop I used for past 4 years always was slow, never kept appointments and nitpicked the daylights our every vehicle. Even if it was a new vehicle. Last straw was last year making up lie bout rear sway bar bushings that I replaced a month before inspection. Luckily that shop is gone; thank god

It is weird how inspection stations can very so much.

At least your not out of pocket for the alignment.

Did you have any particular worries about passing? Car is not that old, despite the accident.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Umm, what? My inspection is up in May, not June. Don't know how Maine is; but they crack down on expired inspections in PA.

Oh well, it's legal so ðŸŽðŸ¤ŸðŸ»ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸ðŸ»

Hey Capt,
The NYS Department of Motor Vehicles has put a "hold" on Vehicle inspections, (because of you know what) thereby making it "legal" to drive with an expired inspection until further notice......Suprised PA hasn't followed suit. Hope all is well and healthy!

Originally Posted by blupupher
It is weird how inspection stations can very so much.

At least your not out of pocket for the alignment.

Did you have any particular worries about passing? Car is not that old, despite the accident.

I've been around long enough to know that "certain shops" teach their techs to nitpick anything and everything. Glad I have rear rotors and pads in the stash. Mine currently are 6/32 so they will get done before winter. Some shops nail people for wiper that may smear 1 time; now that's a royal joke.

Incognitu_2u: PA has a new "penndot motor vehicle supervisor" and she is a royal tool. That's being kind.

PA will never change also; all bout supporting the corrupt in power here.

I am well and glad to be working OT and alive

Originally Posted by sloinker
I'm surprised the insurance company just didn't total the car, give you $500 and tell you to pound sand.

I figured you would say something wise like that. Pretty rude

Not trying to be rude. It seems whenever someone has a vehicle more than 10 years old the insurance companies push to total it and find some extremely low comparisons to use as their settlement offer. I don't know what shape/mileage/etc your car is in but i do know that insurance companies usually lowball to the extreme. I've been there before. I was forced to use used parts in order to get a vehicle repaired by a body shop once. There was no way I could replace the vehicle for what they were offering. The total equation at the time was like 65% of equivalent used value.

I figured you would say something wise like that. Pretty rude

Not trying to be rude. It seems whenever someone has a vehicle more than 10 years old the insurance companies push to total it and find some extremely low comparisons to use as their settlement offer. I don't know what shape/mileage/etc your car is in but i do know that insurance companies usually lowball to the extreme. I've been there before. I was forced to use used parts in order to get a vehicle repaired by a body shop once. There was no way I could replace the vehicle for what they were offering. The total equation at the time was like 65% of equivalent used value.
I've seen the opposite. My Camry was rear ended in 2016 and totaled, insurance offered $3,450 with faded clear coat and 200k miles. I bought the car back from the insurance company.

I had bought the car 6 months prior for $2,100.

Nick 1994 I did the same with my son's " totalled" rear ended BMW and because it was over 10 yrs old, no change to the title was required
grin2.gif
The car was from FL and clear coat was shot, I had a shop pull the body out and replaced the rear end damage with junk parts. The car was the perfect college beater. It ran a like a watch but was ugly as sin. Car lasted through 2 sons.
grin2.gif

Well folks let's put it like this. The car is solid, no rust and runs very well at 165,xxx miles. Never had a check engine light and never left me stranded. I'm surprised that a blonde "person" plowing me at high speed didn't kill me
Or her

Well folks let's put it like this. The car is solid, no rust and runs very well at 165,xxx miles. Never had a check engine light and never left me stranded. I'm surprised that a blonde "person" plowing me at high speed didn't kill me
Or her

Keep that Camry another 5-6 years (will last another 15 years).... but use the opportunity of no car payments to max out your retirement contributions so you'll be set 30 years from now.

Yeah, I've been upping the amount since company matches dollar-dollar sir.

Plus it's the 2nd large car I've ever owned like my 97' Bonneville I had.

Good to see it passed another year Adam. I keep hearing horror stories trying to get a car to pass inspection in the cities in PA. Any little idiosyncrasy and it fails, then you have to pay the inspection fee again... Luckily for me they don't do emissions in my county and basically if the car doesn't have rust holes in it and has decent tires, it gets a sticker.

My parents just did their March inspection(owners bday month). Sticker expires in March.

Originally Posted by Delta
Good to see it passed another year Adam. I keep hearing horror stories trying to get a car to pass inspection in the cities in PA. Any little idiosyncrasy and it fails, then you have to pay the inspection fee again... Luckily for me they don't do emissions in my county and basically if the car doesn't have rust holes in it and has decent tires, it gets a sticker.

Yeah, way it should be. Here the shop will put emissions sticker on and when they fix what's wrong then they charge you PA Inspection price and parts+labor price. No reinspect fee I know bout

Back