TPMS problem

I checked my tire pressure with two different top of the line tire gauges. All the tires were at 33 psi. While scrolling through the data center they post
all four tires showed mid twenties. Any info is appreciated. P.S. For several days after, I had the low pressure tire symbol and stay on

I know I risk being criticized with the following comment. But here goes.

Most of the time when I have an issue with any of my cars, I first check my battery. I have one of those
battery checkers that read the CCA and such. If my battery is ok, I will disconnect the
battery for 30 minutes and let it sit. Then I reconnect and turn key on and leave it on
for about 1 minuted. Then I start the engine and drive around in an old man mode
(which I am) for about 15 minutes and go back home.

This may not help you but it's worth a try. Sorta like turning off and rebooting your computer.

TPMS needs to be reset so it has a baseline tire pressure to go by. First inflate the tire pressure where you want, then perform a reset. Look in the owner's manual for the instructions.

Originally Posted by funflyer
TPMS needs to be reset so it has a baseline tire pressure to go by. First inflate the tire pressure where you want, then perform a reset. Look in the owner's manual for the instructions.

What vehicle is this procedure for?

I've had TPMS equipped vehicles for the past 15yrs or so and none of them required that.

Originally Posted by JTK
Originally Posted by funflyer

What vehicle is this procedure for?

I've had TPMS equipped vehicles for the past 15yrs or so and none of them required that.

Toyota requires this. Of course we don't know what OP has.

My toyota sensors on the scantool read quite a bit off from my reference gauge. But toyota is set to alarm at 80% of proper PSI, so, perhaps, the actual reported number isn't that accurate. I cannot pull up any particular tire or its PSI on the dashboard of my prii, only through the scan tool.

Toyota procedure is to double-check correct pressure then hit a button under the dash to set/reset.

Yes it's for my Toyota and just guessing that other makes might require the same. Might also be something that the dealer might have to do.

Back