KIA TYPE 4 (M) ATF

Hi,

Just to confirm....
Is KIA's TYPE 4 (M) Auto Trans Fluid the EXACT same as Hyundai's SP4 (M)? And is it a FULL synthetic?? Its does NOT seem to say full synthetic anywhere that I can see on the bottle.

Thanks
Michael in NJ

sp4 m.jpg

Last edited:
About 4 years ago I had Hyundai documentation stating it was "Ester based" and it stay on their site for about a year when I would reference it and then one day it was gone. So at one time it had a high chance it was Ester based.

I ran Redline D6 in my Elantra GT with 1.5 Qts of Redline Racing ATF( high viscosity) and 1.5 Qts of Redline Racing Low Viscosity fluid to match closer the viscosity of the D6 to kill some of the slip agents in D6. That made for a nice clean, crisp shift. That same mix is in my wife's Rav4 with superb results. Most fluid have too much slip agent in them for my liking.

Have a 2019 Sorento that calls for SP-IV in the manual. I get Type 4M from the dealership and no problem with it. I've seen the specs and Type4 and 4M have slightly more additives. I'm talking about 2 - 3 ppm difference. Use it with confidence. Supposedly it's synthetic but it's good.

Back