Gonna try Valvoline HM Syn next time....

I used to use Valvoline way back in the day but haven't used it in probably decades. Many of the earlier VOA or UOA did not impress me.

The latest ones look like the Full Syn HM has a strong add pack so I bought 2 jugs of it to try.

I've been very happy with it. I'll try other oils once in a blue moon, but I keep going back to it and it's pretty much all I run in all my vehicles regardless of mileage for the very reason you stated, the add-pack.

I just recently changed oil in my 17 Santa Fe with it. I'm hoping it will be a better choice for GDI.

I bought 15 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic Maxlife 0w20 this year after finding it on sale for $3.25/quart. PQIA recently tested it against 4 other similar oils and Valvoline IMO had the strongest showing. So that made me even happier with the purchase.

Last edited:
I just bought some for my CRV. I hav never used HM oil before but I do typically use Valvoline FS in the CRV, so I figured I might as well try some HM now. It was only $21.97 at Walmart, so I figured I'd get it.

Coastie
I reach for Pennzoil (Shell) or Valvoline (Napa). You may see a little consumption at first. You may see the dipstick turn black sooner. That's what I experienced in my 2004 Colorado 4X4

I'm not sounding any alarm. Just giving you a heads-up.

Back