Audi E-Tron Technik

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
So, the demo Audi E-Tron I looked at back in October is still in stock at the dealer (yes, I've been checking). In fact, it appears all of the ones they had are still in stock. With the economy in the crapper and gas prices looking to be heading back up I figured I'd touch-base with them to see how keen they were on actually making a deal, something that apparently wasn't in the cards when I was originally shopping, as they were completely unwilling to negotiate on price.

They were eager.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I am picking up this new (not a demo) example on Tuesday. What I'm eating on the trade, I'll save that in fuel in the first 12 months. This is my first EV, would have been nice if they'd been willing to deal on the 2016, as I wouldn't have been out any money, but guess it wasn't meant to be then.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Love everything i'm seeing except the wheels. Subjective of course. I hope it works out. That is one impressive vehicle.

Originally Posted by wemay
Love everything i'm seeing except the wheels. Subjective of course. I hope it works out. That is one impressive vehicle.

Yeah, the wheel options aren't great and since inventory was limited, these are the ones I ended up with. Might swap them out for something with a different look later on. I'll post some updated pics once I have it home, am considering stopping by Darlington and taking a few pics of what's going to be charging it
grin.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Yeah, the wheel options aren't great and since inventory was limited, these are the ones I ended up with. Might swap them out for something with a different look later on. I'll post some updated pics once I have it home, am considering stopping by Darlington and taking a few pics of what's going to be charging it
grin.gif

At least you know Audi's got the charging hardware down pat. Again, congrats.

grin.gif

At least you know Audi's got the charging hardware down pat. Again, congrats.

Kind of why I posted that thread, LOL! Was one of the things I was looking at before pulling the trigger.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Audi and Porsche designed their EV drivetrain jointly. That is very similar to the gorgeous Taycan.
Congrats on your new EV!

Thanks! I know the range isn't as good as the Tesla, but I found the interior materials selection and layout nicer. It's nice to have options, and at least from what I've read, Tesla and Audi hold the top slots, particularly when we look at the thought put into the charge setups. For the driving I do, the range should be plenty.

Audi and Porsche designed their EV drivetrain jointly. That is very similar to the gorgeous Taycan.
Congrats on your new EV!

Thanks! I know the range isn't as good as the Tesla, but I found the interior materials selection and layout nicer. It's nice to have options, and at least from what I've read, Tesla and Audi hold the top slots, particularly when we look at the thought put into the charge setups. For the driving I do, the range should be plenty.

That "right now" torque will spoil you. You have crossed over to the dark side.

Sweet ride. I see one of those around my work, black on black. It always weirds me out when I'm outside, as it makes some kind of fake engine noise or something? Maybe that was just me... but I swear I heard a sound come from it that sounded like an engine.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
So what did u trade in: the Ram or the GC?

he said 2016 so GC.

Gas $$$savings should be excellent vs 15mpg@CA prices.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
So what did u trade in: the Ram or the GC?

GC, which is what i was trying to trade in back in October, but of course my older one. Truck is far too practical to get rid of, my vehicles have typically been the "toys", so this is a good fit there.

Congrats on your new EV!

That "right now" torque will spoil you. You have crossed over to the dark side.

Yeah, it's really nice, I enjoyed it a ton when I test drove it back in the fall. It will take my wife a while to get used to it, she wasn't a fan at the time.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
Sweet ride. I see one of those around my work, black on black. It always weirds me out when I'm outside, as it makes some kind of fake engine noise or something? Maybe that was just me... but I swear I heard a sound come from it that sounded like an engine.

Should be dead quiet?

Originally Posted by 14Accent

Should be dead quiet?

Legally required for pedestrian safety.

Back