What's in the Box?

After 10 years I decided it was time to get a new bike. I wonder what it is?
smile.gif

I get to open it later, but I am leaving for Texas in a day or two and won't get to ride it
frown.gif

[Linked Image]

Forgive all the moving boxes in this pic please
blush.gif

[Linked Image]

It's a bicycle. It's a popular brand sold on the internet in Europe. I've seen it on Youtube by Brit bike guru's.

Originally Posted by Kira
Sooooooo, When you return from Texas (have a nice trip) we get another clue? ?

Perhaps display the tools needed for it's assembly?

included toolkit
laugh.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Going to guess the Canyon Dude

Not the Dude. I have still never been on a fatbike.

Both of the wrenches in the above kit are types of torque wrenches. They are very specific about torque values on thenparts you need to assemble.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I guess I'll let out that I will probably never replace my road bike, so this is off road related (arghh upside down)

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Do not bring any hurricanes with you , when you come to Texas .

I'll try not, but you don't have to worry. I'm more of a tornado magnet, seems I attract them when I go to TX, OK or MS
21.gif

Originally Posted by dave123
Neuron CF SLX 9.0 that's my guess

LoL as if magic
smile.gif

This is the most it get's built up until I get back

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Neuron CF SLX 9.0 that's my guess

LoL as if magic
smile.gif

This is the most it get's built up until I get back

[Linked Image]

Awesome ride!

I really got to know how was the experience with dealing with Canyon been on fence with them awhile new road bike may be in the works.

I really got to know how was the experience with dealing with Canyon been on fence with them awhile new road bike may be in the works.

Canyon was pretty easy to deal with. I guess during the pandemic they were a little overwhelmed. First time I called I was number 52 in the queue, the were supposed to call me back but did not. I gave them a break, because of the volume of calls.

Once I ordered the bike shipped on the next business day and got to my house pretty fast. Bike was well boxed, even though FedEx tried hard to damage it.

I had read of some people missing accessories in the box, but all of mine are there. Also IMO Canyon recommends to small of a size for most people, be sure of your measurements and size up if needed, if MTB make sure seat post height is not an issue.

What other bikes did you compare against

Pivot Trail 429 was high on the list
Spot ryve
Trek TF
Fezzari Signal Peak
Banshee Phantom Very close to buying this one, it was in the cart

Some others as well

Congrats on new bike day.
I have no business on something that fancy or high caliber. My current replaced a 2002 Kona h/t. A '17 Marin steel h/t with 2.8 tires. I'm not quite 60, wanted a kind of a do-most things/ recreational and bikepack / camp thing.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Got back from Texas and finished putting the bike together. Neighborhood ride felt good, the new geometry was not as severe as I feared. This bike was consider conservative anyway.
Trails tomorrow if it does not rain.

[Linked Image]

Back