Spark Plugs - 6.2L GM

How much difference is there between the platinum plugs and the iridium?

Was looking at the autolite platinum as a plug for a 2010 GM 6.2L

they are about half price of the iridium plug, or is it best to get the iridium (and if so would you go with denso, NGK or AC delco)

I just did the plugs last year but after reading about the Counterfeit plugs issues, I am pretty sure i installed counterfeit AC Delco Iridiums and want to swap out asap. I didnt inspect them closely at all, They came in ac-delco packaging and at the time had no idea fake plugs were a thing. Looking back now, they came off ebay and were really cheap. I think around $20 for a set of 8 irrdiums (which seems like a dead give away for fakes)

Rock auto has iridium ACs for 6.00 with a 3.00 rebate.I usually use plugs depending on how long I will keep the car and how hard they are to change.

Is the job difficult on your 6.2L?
smile.gif

If so, then iridium is a must, or even ruthenium, so you won't have to do them again!

Don't buy Autolite or Champion. Get ACDelco, NGK, or Denso. Many ACDelco iridium plugs are NGK

GM has been running Iridium plugs in their trucks for at least 12 years. No reason to go backwards. You can think about it while doing the flying Superman trying to get at the back plug on the passenger side.
smile.gif

Is there a GM dealer near you? I'd visit the parts department and see what they charge. Don't be afraid to ask for the same price they are sold at known local competitors likel Advanced.. If they shout out a stupid price.
I get better prices at dealer parts departments when I'm armed with knowledge and ask if needed.

I think i have bought my last spark plug off the internet. I ordered 6 Denso plugs last week from the walmart.com website. It was not a 3rd party seller, but walmart, itself that sold and shipped them.

Well, they came in two shipments. 4 in one package from Maryland, and 2 in another package a few days later from Arizona. The Arizona ones had a slightly different font and not printed in quite as black of a print. I also did the scratch test, and they seemed to scratch a little easier than the other 4.

That was enough for me to suspect those 2 of being counterfeit. I took them to my local Walmart and returned them. I told the young lady behind the customer service desk that I think they are fake. She didn't seem to care and handed me a gift card.

I'm only buying spark plugs from a dealer or authorized reseller like AutoZone from here on out. What's next? Someone gonna start making counterfeit engine oil and selling it on Amazon?

Originally Posted by Chris142
Do not put Autolite plugs in it.

I've never had any issues with Autolight plugs. Several sets of XP Iridiums installed in LS motors, 5.3's and 6.2's. Got a set of Autolite XPs in my 2006 Sierra Denali 6.0L with 55k miles of trouble free use on them.

Originally Posted by GMBoy

I've never had any issues with Autolight plugs. Several sets of XP Iridiums installed in LS motors, 5.3's and 6.2's. Got a set of Autolite XPs in my 2006 Sierra Denali 6.0L with 55k miles of trouble free use on them.

Put them in the Fusion Hybrid … all good …

When I was growing up , I often heard put Delco plugs in a GM and Autolite or Motorcraft in a Ford . Do not know if it really matters ?

Pretty common to get over 100,000 miles on the plugs the car left the factory with .

I have. Never again.

That was the easiest rebate I have ever completed. I bought the plugs this am from rock auto. Filled out rebate form online and just received a confirmation of approved $24 rebate from gm.

So I think I have about $40 in a new set of iridium ac delco plugs

Thanks for the heads up

My 2004 Silverado had iridium plugs. Replaced them with Autolite, no problems. Why the fuss about Autolite ? AC Delco has a platinum service replacement for the iridium plug that works just fine.

Back