Three things you never sell...

I have bought and sold more cars/motorcycles/boats/houses then I care to admit, but I was digging through my fishing rods the other day, and came to the realization there are three things I own that I could never sell...

Fishing rods/reels
Guns
Knives

If it didn't fail catastrophically, I own every single fishing rod/reel, gun and knife I have ever purchased...to the point my beautiful bride says I have too many of all three...what about you? What "everyday" items are just not for sale?

I usually don't sell things.

Just throw them away when they are toast.

Guns? - No problem. I'd sell my 1911 tomorrow. No special bond.

Knives? Keep them for a lifetime - or until they break.

My wife would agree that I have a hard time throwing out old shoes.
I tend to were them with holes in the sides and hole in the soles.

The Wife used to be an "everyday" item wen we were younger
smile.gif

But , That train has long left the station ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
What do you do that fishing rods and guns are an everyday items?

live in the middle of rural Iowa...less than a mile from a lake with a river in my back yard.

Originally Posted by DriveHard
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
What do you do that fishing rods and guns are an everyday items?

live in the middle of rural Iowa...less than a mile from a lake with a river in my back yard.

ðŸ‘

An oil filter wrench (the metal cup kind) that fits a car I sold. Somewhere down the line I'll end up with another vehicle that it will fit.

I think I have 4 or 5 (more than 3, that's for sure) of them in different sizes in my garage. I didn't start out as a collector of these things, it just kind of happened.

Hazet makes a really good one, by the way. Better than the cheapies available at AutoZone.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I would NEVER sell any of my automotive/mechanics hand tools, even the specialized ones I no longer use because I no longer have the vehicle I bought them for.

Scott

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
I would NEVER sell any of my automotive hand tools, even the specialized ones I no longer use because I no longer have the vehicle I bought them for.

Scott

I would agree with you...but tools I seem to lend out and never get back.

I dunno, I can't think of anything that I own (people don't count) that I wouldn't sell if someone offered me crazy money for it. Offer me 2x what it costs to replace and it's yours. 1x would not be enough for me to sell, not if I wasn't planning on selling, 2x or more and it wouldn't matter if I was planning or not. Most everything I own is an inanimate tool and viewed as such. Maybe right after I buy something I will value more highly and would find it harder to part with, but in the end, I try to view my possessions without emotion.

My house might be the only thing not for sale. Location is a hard to replace.

I'm kinda with Arco, I tend to use things up and toss when done. I have sold things but usually for a pittance and because I was done with them.

most of my fishing rods .a shotgun that was my dads and an older Winchester 30/30 rifle that was my first deer rifle

Maybe my high-school annual or my Schwinn Corvette. Some stuff that was my parents', such as the grandfather clock made from our walnut tree. Actually, I don't have much that would be easy to sell except maybe the car (which is worth a lot less than I paid, although still in ok shape), classic Craftsman tools, and N.O.S. bike components.

1. My Dad, & Grandpas rifles. (saddest day in many a mans life is when he's given his fathers or grandfathers rifle)
The ones I bought hold no sentimental attachment.

2. My gramps 25 anniversary watch from Inland Steel. This was paid for with sweat equity, keeping men safe, and getting HARDCORE work done. My other collectable watches can be re-acquired with mere money.

3. My Macintosh 500W amp and receiver. These two pieces were gifted to me by significant individuals in my life.

The rest of my stuff is just stuff.

UD

Dirt bikes, should've kept my first two. I'm not as attached to my current one but I won't sell it this time! I'm not overly attached to my guns, but I won't sell them either. I guess I'll never go without a tractor now that I've had one, maybe trade up for a larger one sometime but hydraulics and diesel power is the way to get stuff done.

Back