Subaru Dealer Filter 7KMI

Dealer installed and bulk filled. 2014 2.5 Legacy with 120K+. Replaced with NAPA 7055 Gold and ST HM 0W20 Full Syn.

C6F07E8F-EDB2-43B9-97B2-A1BCE0BF76DA.jpeg

BDBFF4D6-2CE3-4324-A3BB-06D02CF0969F.jpeg

I don't know, but I believe I like the looks of the Wix 57055/Napa 7055 filter better in comparison. Silicone ADV, coil spring. metal end caps, same spec for correct Subaru bypass pressure all basically at the same price point. Obviously OEM isn't going to cause an issue, but I'm a Wix guy.

From SVT Cobra posted April 2019

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Myself, I like the appearance of the Subaru filter better. Media material is noticibly thicker than the Wix. Too bad the Subaru filter doesn't utilize a silicon ADBV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald
I thought the dealer ones were black and the OEMs you buy on Amazon were blue. Maybe its just the filters that come from the factory are black?

I get the blue ones for my father's Legacy at the dealer for under five dollars along with the drainplug gasket which is around a dollar..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lubener
I thought the dealer ones were black and the OEMs you buy on Amazon were blue. Maybe its just the filters that come from the factory are black?

I get the blue ones for my father's Legacy at the dealer for under five dollars along with the drainplug gasket which is around a dollar..

Amazon has the same ones by the 6 pack which is what I was using. But I got a bunch of NAPA Platinum on sale that I am using now.

If you installed a Fumoto valve you would have the oil change down to 10 minutes and even easier than it already is.

Originally Posted by sopususer
I don't know, but I believe I like the looks of the Wix 57055/Napa 7055 filter better in comparison. Silicone ADV, coil spring. metal end caps, same spec for correct Subaru bypass pressure all basically at the same price point. Obviously OEM isn't going to cause an issue, but I'm a Wix guy.

Wix are good, but not on small filters.

You have a "fuel filter" in you hand. Its not big enough to be an effective oil filter.
lost a few engines up here with these munchkin filters. Worst Idea on modern cars.

Last edited:

The Blue ones are FRAM painted Blue contacted by S.O.A. for a dealer service part. Just like Honda .

The good quality black ones are made by Tokyo Roki. You can use the Mazda - filter they are Roki's

If you want a Silicone rubber ADBV, get a Honda service filter or just buy a FRAM - or something else.

Remember, most all Asian spin-on oil filters are the same base gasket and thread dimension.
All swap-able with the exception of Toyota - thy went down a different road.

- Ken

Last edited:
Back