Gas Prices Are Going Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supply and demand, people are going back to work and stay at home orders are being lifted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Propflux01
$1.59 for 87. I figure anything under $2 a gallon is a treat!

After dealing with insane prices back in 2008/09 I swore I'd never complain as long as prices for 87 stayed below $3/gal. My go-to fuel is Shell 93 and latest price was about $2.40/gal and no complaints here...

Originally Posted by CT Rob
All just excuses to rob us and make crazy profits.

Another in long line of "I think the price is too high, they must be greedy crooks who are robbing me blind and making obscene, if not illegal profits on the backs of the little guy" posts.

Oil is a commodity subject to the law of supply and demand, and refined gasoline is not far off from being a commodity. Prices charged by the thousands of retail gasoline stations, many of which are independently owned are super competitive without a lot of profit built in. Those stations do get a good chunk of their profit from beer, milk, cigarettes, lotto tickets, etc.

I think the lowest I paid was $2.23/gal, now it's up to $2.47 in about two weeks. No reason for it. Still a fleet of oil tankers sitting off the coast of Los Angeles with nowhere to dock and unload. But, of course, there is no reason for the stock market to be doing what it's doing either, in light of the turdshow going on with the economy.

I am in Arlington, TX this week. Filled up my niece's Odyssey. $2.03 for rag at Costco.
This is over a buck cheaper than Sn Ho Costcos. Rag at cheapie stations is like $3.30 or more at home.

I refuse to stop sniveling. Sheesh.

I expect the cost of fuel to get rather pricey. Thats what we asked good ol Joe for after all. High energy prices in the U.S. will save the planet.

Hopefully we don't get a case of food poisoning.
C' Mon.

Supply and Demand.

GM is going Full electric in 14 short years.

But, I wouldn't bet on them hitting that target.

But they are getting close TODAY with them installing engines barely larger than starter motors,

EXAMPLE:

Chevy Trailblazer engine = 1.2 Litre 3 Cylinder.

trailblazer.jpg

I am in Arlington, TX this week. Filled up my niece's Odyssey. $2.03 for rag at Costco.
This is over a buck cheaper than Sn Ho Costcos. Rag at cheapie stations is like $3.30 or more at home.

I refuse to stop sniveling. Sheesh.
What is rag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back