Harley Davidson Lithium LiFe 6Ah Battery 66000174

[Linked Image from rangerxlt.com]

Needed a replacement and this one had good reviews.

Bike turns better than it did when new, reported 11 lbs lighter than AGM. It is incredibly light, the box feels empty, it was a little disconcerting to begin with.

Built in tester is IMO a little silly, easier to plug a meter into the battery tender leads than to take the seat off and push the button.

I don't know if the dealer put the wrong battery bolts in, but they would not tighten all the way without bottoming and i needed the "retrofit kit" which is a couple of shorter battery terminal bolts. My bike wasn't supposed to need them.

I'm going to guess Bosch makes it for Harley
grin2.gif

Interesting! 6 amp-hours is nothing, but I'm sure that has plenty of oomph to crank the starter.

With that large of a top, I'm assuming the charging logic is located within the battery to prevent over-charging.

On the box, I noted something interesting: "Fits '07 - '17 VRSC (except '07 VRSCR)

What's different about the '07 VRSC*R*? Maybe you drive an '07 VRSCR and this is why you needed the shorter tie-downs?

//

Not to be a weaner, but stating it's "Lithium LiFe" is redundant since Li is the chemical symbol for lithium.

Originally Posted by gathermewool

On the box, I noted something interesting: "Fits '07 - '17 VRSC (except '07 VRSCR)

What's different about the '07 VRSC*R*? Maybe you drive an '07 VRSCR and this is why you needed the shorter tie-downs?

I have a Softail. VRSC is V Rod. I am not sure what is different about a 07 VRSCR but in the Q&A they say that if they state it fits it is fully tested, so it could be they simply haven't tested it, or that something is different.

The lithium batteries are amazing, mine dropped almost 9 lb of weight from my bike. If you do need to start on a cold day, simply turn the key on to get some battery power flowing for a half minute and that gets the battery warmed up so to speak and will crank wonderfully.

Not to be a weaner, but stating it's "Lithium LiFe" is redundant since Li is the chemical symbol for lithium.

I think the marketing guys got their needles in so they can print "life" and be all cheerful and optimistic.

Originally Posted by eljefino

I think the marketing guys got their needles in so they can print "life" and be all cheerful and optimistic.

I thought the same thing. I re-read that part of my post and realized it sounds like a dig on the OP; it's not. I was definitely making fun of the nomenclature on the box!

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
Nothing like putting a Chinese battery in your Harley.
34.gif

Thank you for your comment Richard.

34.gif

Please list the things you own that are and are NOT built in the US, besides the vehicles in your sig...

34.gif

Hey, that way it matches up with all the electronics already on the bike that H-D sources from China.

Originally Posted by Imp4
34.gif

Hey, that way it matches up with all the electronics already on the bike that H-D sources from China.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
34.gif

Nice job with your insinuations but yeah facts is facts though.

Li is indeed chemistry symbol .............. and only ONE part of the battery technology used .

Common other battery using Li is Li-ion (older technology/chemistry).................. in this case its Li-FE (Lithium - Iron)

Being a bigger weaner possibly .............. just click on the "review" button and quickly scroll through the 2 pages here https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/lithium-life-6ah-battery

IMO if the usage/oprating conditions are right its quite possible to be impressed with the technology ..................... but if not? ............. stick with good old lead technology

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
34.gif

It's seems kinda cool to have Italian made Brembo brakes or Japan made Showa forks, but a China made piece of chromed plastic.....not so much!

34.gif

That is where products are made. Cheap labor and virtually no epa type requirements.

How much for that battery? That is the question I ask. I've got a softail and an Ultra Classic running AGM's trouble free and I assume HD is raping on the price.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
How much for that battery? That is the question I ask. I've got a softail and an Ultra Classic running AGM's trouble free and I assume HD is raping on the price.

$249.95....."excluding the optional hardware mounting kit for some models".
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted by gman2304
Originally Posted by GMBoy

$249.95....."excluding the optional hardware mounting kit for some models".
shocked2.gif

The battery is widely available from discount dealers, including the one I bought it from.

No arguing it is an expensive battery (HD AGMs are not cheap either) I'm also sure that you can find similar aftermarket batteries for much less They may or may not be exactly the same battery, certainly I found several with similar testers built in.

If you're price sensitive, it isn't for you.

Back