Brakes Pulsate when Hot

New one on me. Have had many pulsating brakes over the years but never had this situation when they pulsate only when hot. It was very obvious on recent trip to VA mountains when pulsation got particularly bad going up/down curvy mountain roads.

Does this point to warped rotors or pad transfer? Thanks.

You don't say what kind of car this is on, but I've had it happen to me.

2008 Cadillac DTS , braking was always fine around town, but on my first trip back from FL to OH, coming down the mountains of WV, the pulsation started. I thought it would go away by using them, but the warmer they got, the worse the pulsation became.
Looked it up on the GM website and sure enough, there was a recall. The recall only called for different pads, no issues with the rotors at all. New pads and next trip, all was perfect. I don't think they did a thing with the rotors in fact, no turning them down, nothing.
Possibly cleaned them with solvent, because the car wasn't in the shop for very long at all. I waited for the work to be completed.

Sorry...here is more info. 2010 Acura MDX with 73k miles. Akebono pads installed all around two years ago. Front rotors are smooth. No pad imprints but some areas look spalled even though they feel smooth. I have never had much luck with rotors going much more than 70 or 80K so think I will install new front rotors. I like Centric premium.

Originally Posted by mk378
Did it go away after cooling off?

Mostly, but I installed new Centric Premium rotors. I had been feeling a slight pulsation for at least 4-6 months. I don't drive it very much. Asked wife how long it had been happening and she didn't know what I was talking about which is par. She is totally oblivious to anything unusual with her car. Braking smooth as silk now. I never had any luck with the bedding in process to remove pad deposits.

Back