Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax use tips.

I washed my dark red (bronze is the official Honda color) CR-V with Armor-All wash and wax and dried it and used Turtle Wax Ice spray wax. The wax left streaks that were impossible to get out, but after 2 weeks with several days of rain the streaks do not show and the vehicle still shines nice.

But one mistake I made is that when I used the Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax it was windy. And apparently when I sprayed the hood the wind caused a lot of scatter / over-spray to get on the windshield. That left a lot of very small spots on the windshield that with certain lighting conditions such as the hour before sun-set show up way too well. It is annoying to drive with sooooo many spots on the wind-shield. I tried 70% alcohol but it did not remove the small wax spots. I know Turtle Wax designed this stuff to be tenacious when it comes to sticking to the vehicle and lasting a long time. So what should I use to remove it from my windshield?

And let this be a warning to anyone who wants to use a spray wax. Do not let over-spray / scatter get on your windows, and if you are doing it outside and it is windy, you might be better off doing it a different day when it is not windy.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
I washed my dark red

I didn't have my reading glasses on and thought I read something else ...…

It is surprising how when you read stuff without glasses you think you are reading it ok, but then you reread it later after you comment, it was different. Been there done that.

I've never had that issue with DuraGloss 951 or Meg's Ultimate Spray wax. I'd try some dish soap. Or some APC if you have any at like a 10:1 ratio.

I've been using Turtle Wax ice spray wax for several years now. I cover everything including the windshields. It's what I like about it. You don't have to worry about overspray. Chrome, rubber, trim, windshields. Anything and everything. Kind of works like a Rain-X on windshield. But if you don't like it you can always clean it later

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I've been using Turtle Wax ice spray wax for several years now. I cover everything including the windshields. It's what I like about it. You don't have to worry about overspray. Chrome, rubber, trim, windshields. Anything and everything. Kind of works like a Rain-X on windshield. But if you don't like it you can always clean it later

^this
I also cover everything with the ICE spray wax. If you get overspray on a finished area, just spray more on top of it and wipe it again.

I use about 3/4 of the bottle and spray just about everything on the car every four to six months, especially the black plastic vinyl decals and black plastic trim and wipers and plastic air cleaner box in the engine compartment. This on a little Fiat out in extreme hot dry heat. Going on about six years now. For the window over spray I use SprayWay Glass Cleaner foam. Works well. Car looks great.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
I used dish washing soap with warm water in a very strong concentration and wipe it for quite a while and it all came off the windshield.

Trust me...you would like having this on the windshield! As LeakySeals said, it works kinda like rainX to repel the rain. I apply the ICE after every wash (once every week or two). Just wash, blow dry with a leaf blower, and then wipe down with the ICE. The paint on my 8- and 13-year old cars still look brand new and the windshield is always very clean.

Originally Posted by RyanY
Originally Posted by LeakySeals

^this
I also cover everything with the ICE spray wax. If you get overspray on a finished area, just spray more on top of it and wipe it again.

I've always wanted to try something like ICE or a QD on the windshield but am reluctant to do so in fear of smearing/hazing when it does rain & wipers on.

Last edited:
FWIW, TW Ice now makes two flavors, newer one is called "Hybrid". I've been using that mostly because it smells better than the original. Costs a buck more.

Originally Posted by Char Baby

I've always wanted to try something like ICE or a QD on the windshield but am reluctant to do so in fear of smearing/hazing when it does rain & wipers on.

Never had any streaking or hazing with ICE spray wax. It really is as simple as spray on, wipe off, and repels the rain pretty well. Not as well as the rainX from 20 years ago, but it is much easier to apply!

Last edited:
I don't have any problems using the Turtle Wax spray waxes. However, if you use too much product there will be streaking, especially on darker colors.

Originally Posted by painfx
I don't have any problems using the Turtle Wax spray waxes. However, if you use too much product there will be streaking, especially on darker colors.

Both my cars are black and I have not had problems when I spray it on heavy. If too much, just flip the towel over and finish, then wipe the excess on the windshield!

Back