Post your latest beer consumption

I'm a bit out of season with this one - just trying to burn through some older stock. Should go well with some burgers and corn at dinner time...

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
I consider Spaten Octoberfest out of a keg to be THE finest beer.
Spaten Optimator is another favorite.

Today I had Elysian Space Dust, a dark gold IPA.
It has terrific balance, not a typical, over the top West Coast IPA.

Bump.

Yes 53' Stude, LubricatusObsess, yes. Preach it. Awesome brew.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I'm a bit out of season with this one - just trying to burn through some older stock. Should go well with some burgers and corn at dinner time...

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

No way that beer is never out of Season just a excellent stand by beer.

Someone got this for me and I really liked it. First beer that I can enjoy sipping. A little cloudy with an interesting body. Clean flavors from start to finish.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Firing up the BBQ to cook some burgers for dinner, cracked this from yesterday's haul:

[Linked Image]

Very pleasant, and of course quite mild at 3.8%. Would be an excellent dock or deck beer.

This brewing company has one named Hoppyum that I really like but I think this one is just as good, maybe a touch better. Only advantage to the Hoppyum is I can generally buy it at Costco for about half price!

IMG_1457.jpeg

Last edited:
Brought back from Spotted Cow and other varieties this weekend. Also scored some 16oz. Genesee Cream Ale. It's been awhile since I've seen those.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Brought back from Spotted Cow and other varieties this weekend. Also scored some 16oz. Genesee Cream Ale. It's been awhile since I've seen those.

LOL Gennie "Screamer Pounders"!!! Interestingly, they're making a big comeback with hipsters here in the way PBR has...

Went to the local hipster Co-op market to get veggies and ended up picking up some Von Trapp Pilsner from Vermont. Apparently it's The Sound of Music Von Trapps that emigrated after WWII and started a brewery: https://www.vontrappbrewing.com/

The pilsner tastes like an authentic German-Czech bohemian beer...

20200530_182341.jpg

Given a Peroni to try from my son. He said it tasted along the order of Heineken. I was surprised how similar it was, even that trademark smell.
Didn't have them side by side though so an A - B comparison might draw out some differences. I think it was a 4.5 abv.

Summertime beers are lighter for me usually. Modello seems to have a real nice flavor. Others I keep around, Bass Ale, Heineken, Sam Adams and browns like Newcastle are about as heavy as I go in summer.

11.gif

One of the better weisse beers, for sure. My stomach doesn't seem to agree with wheat beer anymore (gluten sensitivity?), so I stay away now. Enjoy it while you can!

Brother got 15 pack of this for $16~

It's cheap and drink able but I like Pizza Boy brewing stuff more. Anyone remember this?

[Linked Image]

Back