Gas Prices Are Going Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our gas prices where I live (Central Louisiana-CenLa.) have gone up .30 cents in two weeks! Two weeks ago the average price for regular unleaded was $1.39 a gallon. This morning I paid $1.69 per gallon for regular unleaded.
How much has it gone up in your area?

Gas here is still very cheap, usually 1.6x per gallon or so. Does vary wildly by location as we saw 1.59 last week.

But, as stated above, it has to go up sooner or later...

you should live in Pennsylvania...gas never got below $2.15 and it's now at 2.35 the last I went by any stations...I knew it couldn't stay low for long .. I would bet here in pa it will hit at least $3 or so by mid summer

Originally Posted by Donald
Did you think they would stay super cheap forever?

Do you believe in Santa Claus?
smile.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JC1
I'd love for it to stay at $0.99 like it was for a little while, but at the same time I don't want the US and Canadian oil industry to flounder.

I bought for $1.91 yesterday. After that I did see as low as $1.83 elsewhere at no name stations...

Im not sure I ever saw it lower than $1.81 around me, but I havent been driving much so havent been looking that hard...

It shot up to $1.99 in central Ohio.
I was up in NE Ohio over the weekend and found some for $1.79.
Pricing here is still weird.
The local Shell station, which up until this event had been the highest price in town, is still the cheapest in town.
$1.84 w/ FS discount. Gap has narrowed from 20 cents/gal down to 9, compared to the Speedway across the street.

Originally Posted by kschachn
I'd love for it to stay at $0.99 like it was for a little while, but at the same time I don't want the US and Canadian oil industry to flounder.

I feel the same way as you.

Here in high tax Illinois... "cheap" is a relative term.

Locally, nearly every gas station has decided that $2.259 is the correct price.... glad that decision was made and they all agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back