Oil Cooler Questions

Gentlemen,

i am thinking about maybe adding a oil cooler to my Honda S2000.
Searching the internet, most of my questions are answerd. But there is one specific problem with the S2000 engine, oil flow. The engine makes 9.000 RPM and has a more unusuall high oil pressure, around 7 bar / 100 PSI. The engine needs a high oil flow.

So, here are my questions i came up:

- Is the are difference in Oil flow between the old fashioned "Mocal" cast aluminium sandwich plates and the new CNC milled (Like Mishimoto) sandwich plates?

- Some people say that the thermostat in the sandwich plate will reduce oil flow. Are they right?

- Is it better for the oil flow to use a sandwich plate without thermostat and add a extra thermostat into the lines to the oil cooler?

Relax and listen to the pump system engineer

There is no significant difference you would ever know about- in a closed system.....

Flow is "restricted" by dimension, turns, overall distance/height and surface roughness ( very basic list and not going into Reynolds and all that)

None of that exists in the sandwich plate to any significant degree.

The thermostat probe is no different than me sticking gauges in other instrumentation in the system- again insignificant.

You're installing an oil cooler to help oil flow? Or are you installing an oil cooler anyway, and you're concerned that this additional part may interfere with oil flow?

Back