Best oil on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to drive the rest out of business!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Anyone read the fine print down below. I'm no fan of their marketing or comparison slander and charts but I wouldn't go to the extreme to openly say "they suck" even if I felt that way. Does or did anyone else notice that down below?!?!!!!

Originally Posted by sloinker
Probably going to drive the rest out of business!
[Linked Image]

Used to live in Casper Wyoming so oil was gold to us growing up. Most dinner talk was about religion, politics and drilling for oil. I think the oil boom is hurting bad back home. When was this oil can produced?? Looks to be in good shape too.

I'm thinking it would be better with a dash of graphite and a smidgen of Teflon.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
You have to have one of them steel push-in spouts old timers used.

*I remember having to use one of those contraptions : You would wrap half a role of paper towels around the spout / oil can and hope 25% of the oil would make it into the engine crank case (lol !!)

If you had a quality push in spout, they worked really well. Oil in those days was thicker, and it was easier to hit the hole in the valve cover before any oil flowed. Never any way for someone to mess with your oil, steal some out of a big container etc. steel recycles easy, never ends up as plastic scrap in the ocean.

Rod

Oil was blue and gas was red.
Thoose were the days

Oil was blue and gas was red.
Thoose were the days

I remember the motor oils in the fifties that were dispensed from a tank with a crank pump. Station filled one quart glass containers which had a spout. In New Mexico, these bottles would become coated with grit from frequent dust storms.

Back in the day, I used the spout just to punch the hole in the can and poured directly from the can into a funnel. A large screwdriver works as well. Never bothered pouring with the spout because they leaked too much. That is a trip in the wayback machine.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Back in the day, I used the spout just to punch the hole in the can and poured directly from the can into a funnel. A large screwdriver works as well. Never bothered pouring with the spout because they leaked too much. That is a trip in the wayback machine.

There were some cheaply made spouts that leaked no matter what. A good spout hardly ever leaked.

The cans got cheaper and then went to cardboard. If you mangled the top while inserting the spout then you were in for a mess.

Originally Posted by DGXR

Wayback DG. I haven't seen my spout for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back