Metal Cloak FAD + Fox Steering Stabilizer

Between the rain storms today I installed a Metal Cloak FAD Skid, Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer, and Synergy Relocation Kit.

I have to say the MC piece is a beast and is at least twice as thick as the OEM and covers far more and installed with no issues. The Fox stabilizer is very nice and feels better than the OEM when driving at highway speeds.

Here you can see the difference between the OEM pieces and the MC (it is 7 gauge steel versus 10 gauge or less on the OEM):

[Linked Image from iili.io]

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
That's a nice piece!!

Metal Cloak makes some really nice "over-engineered" hardware. I ordered a new front track bar and drag link today with free shipping and 10% off. Requested a quote for the tie rod and will order it soon.

Most of their steering equipment is 1-5/8" diameter chrome moly tubing with 3/8" thick walls and all ends welded with 1 ton hardware attached. Makes the OEM stuff seem like toothpicks in comparison and color me not impressed with the crimped ends on the OEM stuff.

I am replacing all of my OEM steering equipment over the next month to stop death wobble before it ever starts.

Back