CQ Blue, made by who?

Due to a few circumstances, I ended up getting an "Oil Change Bundle" yesterday from AAP. So, I got a CarQuest Premium Blue oil filter for my 12 Fusion 2.5L (85348). Who makes it? Is it a Purolator? Seems like AAP / CarQuest is tied pretty close to Purolator.
Decent filter??

What is everyone's take on Purolator One filters? Are they decent? Comparable to a Motorcraft? I would love to use a Wix XP every time, but they are a bit out of my price range for every OCI.

Originally Posted by AJB0009
What is everyone's take on Purolator One filters? Are they decent? Comparable to a Motorcraft? I would love to use a Wix XP every time, but they are a bit out of my price range for every OCI.

The main question is ... are you looking for filtering efficiency, or something else in an oil filter?

Purolator has a bad reputation on here due to numerous reports of the media tearing
crazy2.gif

A few times a year, Napa has the Napa Platinum on sale. They are the same as Wix XP
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Purolator has a bad reputation on here due to numerous reports of the media tearing
crazy2.gif

A few times a year, Napa has the Napa Platinum on sale. They are the same as Wix XP
smile.gif

Good to know, thank you, I will keep my eyes peeled at Napa.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

The main question is ... are you looking for filtering efficiency, or something else in an oil filter?

I tend to keep vehicles forever and therefore look for quality. But, at an affordable price. That's everybody, right!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

I tend to keep vehicles forever and therefore look for quality. But, at an affordable price. That's everybody, right!
lol.gif

Is high filtering efficiency part of your definition of "quality" ... or just the physical construction of the filter?

Interesting question. The two are at least somewhat connected, right? If the physical construction fails (media twists or tears, ADBV perforates, etc.) then your efficiency drops to zero.
Up until recently, I have just owned Ford's and have always bought MC filters at Wal-Mart. I always thought it was a good quality filter for four bucks. Is that an accurate statement? I have no idea what the efficiency ratings are for MC (or any other filter for that matter).

Back