2008 Tundra tire rotation

The wife took some pictures yesterday of the tire rotation on the 2008 Tundra. And yes she helped. This is the fourth rotation on these tires which are Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They get rotated every 5000 miles. The pattern of rotation is: driver front to passenger rear, passenger front to driver rear and rears straight forward. The PSI on the front is 38 rear is 36. The tires are E rated and weigh about 70 LBS each. When you calculate the rim and tire its close to 100lbs each. Wah! Heavy tire, hot weather and age make this a challenging job! I was "losing juice" (sweat) as quick as I could drink water. Pics below:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Been considering the Ridge Grapplers as the next tire for my Tundra. What size tires are those?

Originally Posted by edwardh1
what does manual say to use for rotation pattern/

Not sure the manual matters here!

If my tires weighed as much as yours, I would be considering the free tire rotation special at Discount/America's Tire.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Astro14
That is a quick jack.

https://www.quickjack.com/

I have one, and like it very much. Had to get the long frame for my MB and I have to add blocks for it to lift my stock Tundra high enough.

OT, but do you have the SUV adapters? I have found them to be incredibly helpful for my BL-7000.

Originally Posted by Eddie
It must be love.

The wifes daily drive. The truck barely fits in the garage.

Originally Posted by klt1986
Been considering the Ridge Grapplers as the next tire for my Tundra. What size tires are those?

The Ridge Grapplers are very nice tires. They have about 20,000 miles on them now and tread loss is 1/8. The tire size is 285/55/20.

I go by what Nitto recommends for the tires and configuration. I find the pattern of rotation yields the best results with wear.

Originally Posted by The Critic
If my tires weighed as much as yours, I would be considering the free tire rotation special at Discount/America's Tire.
lol.gif

As I age it gets more difficult. Luckily my bed is high enough I can just fall out in the morning. My OCD kills me I don't think I could let anybody touch the truck or any of my vehicles unless its totally necessary. Hopefully by 60 they will have something out that will help me put the tires on easily.

Originally Posted by supton

Not sure the manual matters here!

Manual is in the glove box. I think I looked at it once for the stereo
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Fattylocks
Nice shop.

What kind of lift is that?

Thanks! Its a Quick Jack that I bought about 3 years ago. With 4-5 vehicles to maintain its a must for me. I think I paid about $1800 with the adapters for truck/suv. With the Racedeck floor they move in place pretty easy. They are heavy.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by Astro14
That is a quick jack.

https://www.quickjack.com/

I have one, and like it very much. Had to get the long frame for my MB and I have to add blocks for it to lift my stock Tundra high enough.

OT, but do you have the SUV adapters? I have found them to be incredibly helpful for my BL-7000.

I didn't get the adapters. I built blocks by sandwiching three pieces of wood together, then measuring the length of the "pockets" in the top rail, and cutting the blocks to that length. They fit very securely. I made the blocks from 2x6 and 2x8, so they're roughly 5.5" and 7.5" tall. A pass across the jointer to square them up makes them just a bit shorter than that. The 7.5" blocks work great on the Tundra.

Back