2017 Cadillac CTS 3.6 or Lexus GS350?

I think that it comes down to three questions(maybe 4).

1) Which one speaks more to your soul after an extensive test drive?
2) How long do you plan to keep it?
3) What are you willing to tolerate(every vehicle has shortcomings)?...comfort, outward visibility, repairs, everydayness?
4) ?

Last edited:
It's hard to compare apples with lemons.

You are joking, aren't you?
crackmeup2.gif

Another point: the Lexus quality will flat out spoil you. You have been warned.
Just don't drive on ECO mode; it's too squishy.

Originally Posted by Dave9
Cons for Cadillac include that GM makes steaming piles, though if you're only going to own it a few years then sell or trade it in again, you may get away with it before the fragrance reaches your nose.

best GM comment ever!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Jeff … did you elect not to show this

Lookin' good bro... Beautiful. Wifey's has better wheels.

IMG_20200207_135838.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dave1251
Take both for extended test drives the one you like the most it's the one you buy.

^^This

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
This is mine. The design studio did a fantastic job IMO and the paint is flawless after 8 years.

I agree. That is a BEAUTIFUL car!

Premium fuel shouldn't be an issue to consider assuming you've been running it already in the Maxima as you should
smile.gif

Lexus 100%...just sit in both and you'll notice the interior quality is quite different and frankly unacceptable for this type of car in the CTS...although totally acceptable for being a GM!

I have quite a few customers with '13/'14 3.6L CTS's.....They've been pretty reliable. The Coupes are beautiful cars IMO & the interiors are above average for GM.

Every 3.6L I've ever had to put timing chains in showed signs of neglect, From heavy varnish to severe sludge!! I have a customer with a 2007 SRX with a LY7 3.6L & 200,000 miles that has never been opened up....Steady diet of 5w30 Mobil 1 every 4-5,000 miles.

Hardly a glowing review of the GS-F. Big money for little car. Huge depreciation seems to be it's best quality.

The Lexus would be the best choice. They are beautiful cars and the fit and finish is amazing. If you can get a deal on a Lexus take it.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
[Linked Image]

But for real, drive both and see which one you like best. You can read all the reviews online for both, but nothing beats hands on experience.

lol.gif

I drove GS a lot as a company car. It is good vehicle, nicely done, fit and finish is OK. It is not Camry. GS is RWD platform and has proper longitudinal set up which allows more space for more potent suspension. Now, as with any Lexus vehicle that is trying to catch up with BMW, MB and Audi, there is a lot of desperation there, unintuitive dashboard, somehow managed to make RWD platform that understeers. But, if goal is not getting replacement for those German cars, then it is IMO really good vehicle to go point A to point B.
These newer ones though are having serious insecurity issues with that styling.

Back