Is this engine sludged up or am I been ripped off?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
First thing that occurs to me is how the mechanic came to that conclusion from just an oil / filter change ?.,,

Excellent point, WyrTwister. Maybe there was a big glob of gunk in the filter???? He assumed the engine must be full of it as well.

I know what this appears to be but give the man a chance to explain. Then make your judgement.

Originally Posted by stanlee
Take those pictures back to him and tell him to go to h*ll!

For eternity or just for the weekend?
grin.gif

As if you need another vote to find a new mechanic . . . here's mine! Get a new mechanic!

I had a similar thing, different issues, happen with my mechanic of 25+ years. He's always been good, then little things over the last half a dozen years popped up that didn't sit right with me. At the time, the vehicle was my roommate's, not mine, so it wasn't my decision to stay or leave.

February 2019 I bought my '03 Sububan and took it to this mechanic and it was a cluster [censored] from beginning to end. Evidence showed that half of the $800 in work I requested be done, most of which was simple fluid changes/flushes, was not. A simple reverse cam install took 3 tries to run the wiring and it still wasn't done correctly until I did it myself. Suffice to say, I no longer use that mechanic.

Back