Memorial day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A solemn day tomorrow to remember those lost defending our country. Old Glory flies at my house most every day above my garage doors, but on Memorial Day I fly it from a mount on a utility pole in my front yard. A reminder to display the flag if you're so inclined.
34.gif

Last edited:
My flag flies 365 days a year honoring this great country of ours. If the Weather is inclement, it's taken down......actually received a Certificate from my Village recognizing the fact.
God Bless America!
34.gif

We usually have a ceremony at our courthouse every Memorial Day, but not this year, sad to say.

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
My flag flies 365 days a year honoring this great country of ours. If the Weather is inclement, it's taken down......actually received a Certificate from my Village recognizing the fact.
God Bless America!
34.gif

01.gif

Yes Sadly, in my neighborhood you see VERY few flags out. It always saddens me. I will have my Flag out as I always do everyday.

We are not the perfect country, and I feel we have lost our way....but to those who died for us along the way?

Nothing but respect.
[Linked Image]

Yes! Solemn and sad day here too. I have 4 folded flags. Our family gave plenty and I would again like to thank all of our Veterans of foreign wars! Sad to see what is going on now days politically and socially that was sooo hard to come by.
Thanks Vets!

Memorial Day is the day we honor those who gave all in the service of this country.

Veterans Day is the day we honor Veterans.

My Dad is a Korean War vet. He would be the first to remind people of the distinction.

02 I fully understand!
Again Thanks to our veterans

Edit. Why the [censored] is it that Californians think the rest of the world is stupid? Amazing !

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jeffs2006EvoIX
Yes Sadly, in my neighborhood you see VERY few flags out. It always saddens me. I will have my Flag out as I always do everyday.

We are not the perfect country, and I feel we have lost our way....but to those who died for us along the way?

Nothing but respect.
[Linked Image]

Wrong holiday. That would be for veterans day. Memorial day is strictly to remember our fallen brothers and sisters.

Tomorrow morning I plan to go to bed and sleep for 12-14 hours. I can do that in relative safety, thanks to many who have sacrificed, and thanks and respect to them.

Quick note folks, it would be nice to have a holiday post not get removed or locked.

Political commentary, personal agendas diminishing the sacrifice of fellow countrymen will cause this to happen if I have to remove anymore posts.

Also if someone quotes a post containing prohibited topics, the quote and response may both disappear.

I wish we had time to edit individual posts, we don't.

Have a great Memorial day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back