Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds Flying over New York

Saw them interviewing a number of New Yorkers on the news right after the flyover. They sounded like a bunch of jaded whiney [insert word here]. Basically they didn't want any money spent on defense, they just wanted it given to them. A symbol of the military triggered them.
I guess they have the right to their opinion. I believe that many people who are much better than the lot of them make a lot of sacrifices so they can safely express their worthless opinion.

Cool link.

No politics please, I've had to delete those posts.

Last edited:
I'm for supporting the troops on the front lines as this is that kind display. In that, I mean to say I'm not against it. Is it experience, maneuvers, aircraft exercising or some form of practice / cross-training? I dunno and don't care.
Don't need to "justify" it in my mind or sooth somebody else's "Hot Button".
Logical arguments about costs or some down side mean zero to me and might as well be the emotional knee-jerk complaints and unwarranted naysayers. Maybe the noise wakes up a day-sleeper.
Clerical, Maint staff, housekeeping / enviro-services , Cafeteria and Doctor / Nurses , Techs etc..... these folks are all in a new world of threat, uncharted territory, stress and unknowns that could come with the job so-to-speak but in a way that's hit n miss over 25, 50 or 75 years.
I'm fine with them being celebrated or thanked. 190+ went home sick for over 2 weeks to stay in place as per isolation. That's a big hit of work force for healthcare systems and taking that home to the family as well.
This is a "WE" thing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
Saw them interviewing a number of New Yorkers on the news right after the flyover. They sounded like a bunch of jaded whiney [insert word here]. Basically they didn't want any money spent on defense, they just wanted it given to them. A symbol of the military triggered them.
I guess they have the right to their opinion. I believe that many people who are much better than the lot of them make a lot of sacrifices so they can safely express their worthless opinion.

I think you probably misunderstood. Can't speak for everyone but the overall mood here is somber after cold trucks storing dead bodies, many including medical professionals really struggling to do their jobs, a ton of job losses with no future in sight. Many are living on the edge. In such moments, while the appreciation of your difficult/hard/struggling work is welcome, it doesn't really get you off the edge, does it?

I don't blame other area folks judging New Yorkers because they have not seen the damage it has done to the morale of everyday joe. My wife is a PT. She does most consults via telemedicine and many of her patients are not doing well psychologically. You don't 'feel' these things until you have had a brush with it. I would hold the judgment in such circumstances.

Originally Posted by MoneyJohn

I think you probably misunderstood. Can't speak for everyone but the overall mood here is somber after cold trucks storing dead bodies, many including medical professionals really struggling to do their jobs, a ton of job losses with no future in sight. Many are living on the edge. In such moments, while the appreciation of your difficult/hard/struggling work is welcome, it doesn't really get you off the edge, does it?

I don't blame other area folks judging New Yorkers because they have not seen the damage it has done to the morale of everyday joe. My wife is a PT. She does most consults via telemedicine and many of her patients are not doing well psychologically. You don't 'feel' these things until you have had a brush with it. I would hold the judgment in such circumstances.

I really appreciate your response. That wasn't my impression, but I'm looking at it from a different paradigm than the people on the ground in the middle of a hot spot like New York City.
Shelter in place means something different to people in the City and those in my circumstances where it is only a minor inconvience.

No complaints from this NY'er. I'm glad they did the flyover. I have a son in the USN for 14+ years now, and we're [censored] proud of him and all of our Military personnel.

Originally Posted by CT8
This is an amazing video with in cockpit cameras ,,link to you tube vid.

Thanks for the video. It inspired me to go flying today. And as luck would have it, I flew with the Blue Angels,,, er, sort of. Took off in my mighty "Thunder Cardinal" from F45 and went about 4 miles North to fly over and around my house. The Blue's were between my house and the shoreline (Jupiter, FL) and heading South. There was some joking on the radio about the Cardinal having to slow down so they could pass!

As is my way, I was completely unaware they were in the area until I took off and heard the radio chatter. Despite my incredibly fast 145 knot return flight South back to the airport, they passed and were gone in no time. I've seen them many times, but I've never seen the formation from the air. We were not at all close, I was up at 2000 and they were lower and a few miles East of me, even so, that was neat!

So CT8, I've got to thank you for the discreet "heads up" "the Blue's are in your area" , post.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...healthcare-workers-this-weekend/2236009/

Last edited:
Back