'Mighty' VS7 Total Intake System Cleaner

pbm

A friend gave me a can of this product to clean the IVD's on my GDI Focus.
Apparently it's not sold over the counter but rather to 'professionals'.

The instructions say to "locate an accessible positive vacuum port" to "insert the multi adapter".

Any suggestions on which 'vacuum port' to use on the 2.0 Duratech? The rest of the instructions are self explanatory.
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by pbm
A friend gave me a can of this product to clean the IVD's on my GDI Focus.
Apparently it's not sold over the counter but rather to 'professionals'.

The instructions say to "locate an accessible positive vacuum port" to "insert the multi adapter".

Any suggestions on which 'vacuum port' to use on the 2.0 Duratech? The rest of the instructions are self explanatory.
Thanks in advance.

Don't stick it into a negative one ( gotta love the people who write these manuals and those who proof them)

Originally Posted by pbm
Looking at the 2.0 Duratech.... 'vacuum ports' are hard to find....

Is there a brake booster vacuum line?

Be careful with applying these types of products without a "mister" type device. And even with a device, these can cause hydrolock. Some people find out afterwards that some intake manifolds have areas where liquid can "pool"...and you may not find out until you go on the test drive.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by pbm
Looking at the 2.0 Duratech.... 'vacuum ports' are hard to find....

Is there a brake booster vacuum line?

Be careful with applying these types of products without a "mister" type device. And even with a device, these can cause hydrolock. Some people find out afterwards that some intake manifolds have areas where liquid can "pool"...and you may not find out until you go on the test drive.

The brake booster vacuum line is buried on the firewall under a bunch of things....very inaccessible....I'll probably 'mist' it through the intake in very short bursts...

Back