So close...

To 333,333

Got over 44 mpg today on I - 35 even doing over 85mph at some points with a top speed of 99mph.Traffic on the turnpike was Nascar-like today. Average speed to keep up was 84mph.I was trying to figure out how and between the exhaust /intake mods, 1.5 inch drop, nitrogen, non ethanol fuel/ pea fuel additive. etc. I did wash and wax yesterday which could help I guess lol. Running a 0w30 / 5w30 M1 mix with lubegard biotech. I'm kinda perplexed with this mpg average. Shed some engineering light you guru's with bachelor's, master's and PhD please!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

IMG_20200522_173304_01.jpg

IMG_20200522_161713_167.jpg

That's pretty good. When I drive to Reno airport few times a year on 580 @75 MPH (speed limit 70) I observed between 49.1 and 51.3 MPG.
At your speed the MPG would probably be quite lower, but I was still surprised what my golf can do. I use Lubegard also.

Someone needs to slow down. It's senseless to talk MPG in the same sentence as going 99MPH.

Average speed to keep up was 84mph

If you mean to keep up with you instead of them, that I'll believe.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I can always get around 40 mpg or better with my 2012 Civic but only if driven steady and slow around 65 miles per hour. I have hit mileage as you
indicated easily with a good tailwind and traveling at speeds of 70 mph or greater. Those Civics are cheap on gas thats for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Dave9
Someone needs to slow down. It's senseless to talk MPG in the same sentence as going 99MPH.

wink.gif

OP is in Kansas-but I've had people pass me at 90+ in the I-75 45 MPH construction zones here, I sit in the center lane and hold my breath waiting to get rear ended! Been lucky so far, I guess.

Originally Posted by Dave9

wink.gif

Dave in most places 85 is the average speed on the Interstate.

It is on RT 93 in the Boston area.

If you cant drive that speed I suggest you take the State road instead.

The interstates are way over capacity, and you need a higher average speed to move the new volume.

Back in the 80's when we went in to the Beantown for a Saturday night,
We were cranking at 90-115mph on I-93 South.
But traffic was much lighter then, the population was at least 50% less than today.

Given this is 2020, do you expect the unwritten speed limit to be the same as it was in 1950?

When your clunker had single -circuit manual brakes and slow manual steering and and poor quality tubed tires?

Even Joe says, "C'Mon, Man!

Last edited:
Trynot to drive that fast in Ohio. You get about 10mph over the limit then its bend over time.

One of the reasons I didnt go for a Camero etc.. I know I'd get the tickets.

78 in a 70 is fast enough for the Jeep with AT tires.

I think most people here in FL that drive I95 think those are speed limit signs. I tell visitors all the time, the left lane is 85+, the middle lane is 77, and the right lane is 70 (posted limit) or for trucks that have the tattletale.

Originally Posted by JohnG
I think most people here in FL that drive I95 think those are speed limit signs.

About 30 years ago, we were driving on I4 towards Disney in a '55 Chevy. We were doing 80 in the center lane and got passed by a church bus!

I4 is a whole other story. It's nothing to see a sofa in the middle of the road! Talk about fun times! I do my best to avoid it at all cost.

Back