Kirkland Oils Now in Canada

Got the email from Costco Canada today with an advert for their oil in 0W20, 5W20 and 5W30 flavours. These are online prices, I am sure we can expect $10CDN less in warehouse. Not a bad price for a decent oil. Curious is Walmart will permanently drop their ST prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Been waiting. I'm a fan of the Canadian Tire conventional for $13 on sale though. It's been great in my van.

Won't change unless price is lower.

I use synthetic only in winter so Kirkland will probably be what I start using for that.

EDIT. I see only full synthetic. $43 for 2 5l. Good price. Too bad no conventional.

Last edited:
Thou $43 for 2x5L jugs isn't bad but PP is often on sale at $27 or so at CanTire or WM and then there is $10 a jug MIR. I used that deal a few times, actually all last several times I bought PP I used the deal and MIR came thru.
I'm most def buying it at $33 for 2x5L jugs.

Last edited:
To clarify, they are 2 x 4.73L jugs (2 x US 5 quart jugs)
For folks that don't like rebate process on other brands, the Kirkland oil a good deal imo.

https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signature-5w20-full-synthetic-oil-for-automobile%2c-2-pack.product.100572037.html

Thanks for the update, was very curious if we would see this in Canada.

2 jugs will work perfectly for my 2 rides...glad I have a membership.

That's a pretty decent price, but I'm also currently on the PP wagon. I was able to get 4 full 5L jugs for a shade over $12 each during Canadian Tire sale and $10 MIR.

It's a decent oil for 5K OCI for a good price.
[Linked Image]

Kirkland.jpg

Is it still on the Dexos list of licensed oils? I ran the license #s from the back of the bottle (Dec 2019 bottle) and its no longer on the list.

Originally Posted by dubber09
Thou $43 for 2x5L jugs isn't bad but PP is often on sale at $27 or so at CanTire or WM and then there is $10 a jug MIR. I used that deal a few times, actually all last several times I bought PP I used the deal and MIR came thru.

I haven't seen PP on sale for 27 bucks for awhile though. Probably Since Boxing Day. Also I don't see the rebate online anymore.

Originally Posted by FastLane
Originally Posted by dubber09

I haven't seen PP on sale for 27 bucks for awhile though. Probably Since Boxing Day. Also I don't see the rebate online anymore.

Walmart and NAPA had it on sale somewhat recently, you need to check online flyers since WM that I went to still had full price on shelf price tag while oil was on sale and at discount on check out.
Penn doesn't seem to have a promo at the moment, check often - every 2-3 weeks or so.

Edit: also, use phone App called Flipp to search for deals, e.g. type in 'synthetic motor oil'.

Last edited:
Back