Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads

I have not used a set of these in a few years but I bartered work with someone and these fit the bill.

It was a 2018 Camry XSE - part #'s 105.60150 (front) and 105.18050 (rear) were used. I replaced the front rotors due to pulsation and used Centric Premiums. The rear rotors were reused.

Oddly enough the rear pads used a riveted shim instead of the clip-on style. The shim felt rubbery, more rubbery than the shim on the front pads. I still used M77 on the areas of the pad that the caliper and caliper piston contacted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I had the car in my possession for a while so I did an extended test drive. Compared to OE, these pads are a bit "soft" for the first few stops when cold. After they warm up, the pedal feel and friction levels are very similar to OE - probably 85% identical. Overall, the difference is not significant enough for the average driver to notice. Also, no noise.

Price was $27 for the fronts and $29 for the rears which was less than OE and other options (Wearever, Akebono, etc.). In conclusion, these pads work fine for the average driver and I did not see a reason to spend extra money for more expensive aftermarket pads...

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Front pads FG, rear pads FF, not bad
smile.gif

Yep. The front rotors came with an unusually fantastic finish as well. They had a faint cross-hatch pattern but surface was almost glass smooth.
[Linked Image]

And to the East Coasters out there, this is how our rear rotors look after 62k. No rust.
[Linked Image]

Great job again.

I have noticed most of the aftermarket pads I use come with riveted shims as well. Maybe its because people don't swap them over, and riveting it to the pad is essential.

It's nice that it has printing on the pad that tells you when to start considering replacing the pads.

I usually prefer pads that use a non-black backing plate since it's easier to inspect when looking through the caliper body hole

I wish that the rear pads on my long gone 1998 Grand Cherokee were riveted on. A few years of service through the winter and the introduction of Urea pre treat on Ohio roads and the pads rusted completely OFF of the backing plate! One moment you have brakes, the next time YOU HAVE NONE! (OEM were BONDED pads that failed).

Originally Posted by The Critic

And to the East Coasters out there, this is how our rear rotors look after 62k. No rust

Seems like bragging (lol)

The rotors rusting doesn't bother me nearly as much as the pads rust/swelling in place. or caliper slide pins freezing up.

Does anyone know how these Posi-Quiet would compare to the Raybestos EHT 3 hybrid pads? They are usually similar in price and there's rave reviews on the EHTs as they are newer technology.

I have the Centric Posi quiet's on my 2003 Jag X-Type. They are pretty poor pads. They don't cause much brake dust on the rims, and they don't wear quickly. But initial braking "bite" when cold is terrible. There have been a few times where I was pushing on the pedal as hard as I could. After they warm up, they can best be described as sub par. However, they don't seem to fade under heavy use.

The car is old and it's not worth pouring money into. So I won't change them out.

Originally Posted by The Critic

Yep. The front rotors came with an unusually fantastic finish as well. They had a faint cross-hatch pattern but surface was almost glass smooth.
[Linked Image]

That's typical of "Chinese" Centric rotors... and the Premiums are worth the little extra money over the super budget C-TEK.

And to the East Coasters out there, this is how our rear rotors look after 62k. No rust.
[Linked Image]

What's that brown stuff I see on your rotors? Must be rust.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I have the Centric Posi quiet's on my 2003 Jag X-Type. They are pretty poor pads. They don't cause much brake dust on the rims, and they don't wear quickly. But initial braking "bite" when cold is terrible. There have been a few times where I was pushing on the pedal as hard as I could. After they warm up, they can best be described as sub par. However, they don't seem to fade under heavy use.

The car is old and it's not worth pouring money into. So I won't change them out.

The next time try their 300. series pads. That's pretty much all I use these days. Excellent initial bite and linear all the way to lockup. They will handle a small amount of abuse before they go off slightly but they'll come right back as soon as they cool. Not extremely dusty either.

Originally Posted by nobb
Does anyone know how these Posi-Quiet would compare to the Raybestos EHT 3 hybrid pads? They are usually similar in price and there's rave reviews on the EHTs as they are newer technology.

Their braking performance is pretty good but I have experienced some noise issues.

Originally Posted by benjamming
Are these offshore pads?

China.

Originally Posted by Cujet

Posi Quiet 104 or 105?

Originally Posted by UG_Passat

What's that brown stuff I see on your rotors? Must be rust.

Some of it is brake dust.
wink.gif

yes, there is some minor surface rust but compared to pictures of rotors that you see from the East Coast, it is practically rust-free.

Just a follow up: those pads were hot garbage. They lasted 30K before the pad deposits caused severe pedal pulsation. The OE pads lasted 60K and only had a little bit of pulsation towards the end.

That's weird. I'm at 90,000 kms on my Posi Quiets for a Ford Ranger done 6 years ago and they're still working fine. Will probably change them out in the next 10-20,000 kms though. I have no complaints about these pads but next time will probably go for semi-metallics just for better performance.

Back