Cadillac 3.0 pistons NICE

While browsing the Rockauto catalog I looked up the pistons for my 2012 CTS 3.0 just out of curiosity.

Very impressive, gorgeous eve. Some years back these would be identified as race slipper pistons. I don't see a gram of excess material and I like the pinched in wrist pin boss. Check out that piston crown too.

Thumbs up to Cadillac, Mahle and Clevelite.

cts 3 liter 1.jpg

cts 3 liter 2.jpg

cts 3 liter 3.jpg

They have the Grafal coating on a lot of their piston skirts. Mahle makes a good piston, their PowerPak piston kits are very reasonably priced for a forged high performance piston. Plus they have really nice 1mm, 1mm, 2mm ring packs.

Mahle makes good stuff. I remember buying Mahle forged pistons from Germany for my Opel 1.9 I raced in SCCA back in the 70s.
They cost a king's ransom but were beautiful.

They look normal to me. Similar design in my cx5, except of course the entire rotating assy in the cx5 is forged. Those look cast?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
They look normal to me. Similar design in my cx5, except of course the entire rotating assy in the cx5 is forged. Those look cast?

Most production engines use cast with high silicon alloy content which limits expansion and lets you run tighter clearance for less noise and lower cost. I think there are quite a few of these that can still run 6500-7000 rpm redline reliably.

order 1 for a paperweight / conversation piece.

or order 1 for a 426 Hemi if you have high winds and even more converstion.

Back