PQIA HD Tests

Of course Shell//XOM have a CV additives company … but people want to pretend there are drastic differences … or assume Shell uses GTL in everything (they don't) …

Additives are an expensive component … guess nobody bids those contracts … Unreal

Also, the Yellow Elephant in the room...CAT.
[/quote]

Maybe a couple years back XOM had reached a billon gallons shipped to them as CAT oil.
Plenty used in company drums.
Sometimes a matter of where you operate … used Castrol 15w40 in C280-16 engines before

Originally Posted by 4WD
Of course Shell//XOM have a CV additives company … but people want to pretend there are drastic differences … or assume Shell uses GTL in everything (they don't) …

Additives are an expensive component … guess nobody bids those contracts … Unreal

cheers3.gif

Pennzoil needs to tone it down with the GTL stuff. "GTL" is plastered on anything Shell related these days. Who cares Shell, it's a base oil. One of many......now update your product data sheets from 2014 LOL.

Originally Posted by buster

Pennzoil needs to tone it down with the GTL stuff. "GTL" is plastered on anything Shell related these days. Who cares Shell, it's a base oil. One of many......now update your product data sheets from 2014 LOL.

https://www.epc.shell.com/

I've been away for a while, and forgotten how much you all love to bench-race labels on a bottle.

Quit focusing on what the VOA says and pay attention to the UOAs; focus on results and not inputs. Show me statistically sound data indicating one brand is better than another, then I'll take notice.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dak27
Can anyone answer my previous question about Rotella T4 containing no moly? I see it contains a lot of zinc and phosphorus, does that negate having to include moly in their add-pack?

I do think you've hit the crux of the issue here. There are many, many ways to skin the same cat. Oil blends from different companies are different paths to the same goal. I have to agree with the post above that pointed out how much attention is paid to blends and constituents, rather than focusing on the results of using different blends. UOA is the final answer to which oil is best in any given vehicle.

Back